Would it be a mistake?

Find recommendations here of where to buy!

Moderator: Moderator

troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:26 am

SheilaP

Just finishing a short contract in Edinburgh then driving down to BG for a while, I havent spent a summer in BG for ages ,I quite like winter, so looking forward to that.

May detour just into Czech rep north of Linz for a bit of exploring, looks quite nice on the internet.

Perhaps consider a skoda Yeti, I did a tour of South BG last year with my neighbour in his Yeti, and was pretty good.

bigbulg
<b>Legal Services</b>

Postby bigbulg » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:42 am

You won't be disappointed with Czech, do a big tour..... Cesky Krumlov, even better Ceske Budjovice, Treblic, Kutna Hora,Marianske Lazne Hradlec Kralove, liberec, Olomous, to name just a few Jewels, I'd recommend it to anyone travelling to BG to go via Czech, down from Brno past Bratislava into Hungary etc etc.

SheilaP

Postby SheilaP » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:32 am

Thanks all and have a good trip Troyan via the C. Republic- it's a lovely country. Bg was starting to heat up last Friday but it had rained a lot and was fairly cool the previous few weeks. Having said that, the spring and early summer is always lovely there whatever the weather.

Bit concerning about the rust issues on the Duster but they may have sorted these problems out on the latest models. Going to get a new battery for the Mitsubishi which is in a lock up out there at the moment and put it through its BG MOT in September. It is a lovely, versatile vehicle but is now twenty years old and is, unfortunately, heavy on fuel. If it dies on us during our stay we will definitely be looking to get a Duster as a replacement which we can then drive back to the UK. New Dusters seem to be around £2000 cheaper there than in the UK. Just hope we are still part of Europe!!

Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:58 am

The rust problems were only on the RHD (ie UK) models, made in India; the LHDs were/are all from Romania. The new model Duster is a great vehicle and I love mine - although whether you can trust the opinion of someone who kept inflicting Rangies and Discos on himself for several decades is a very moot point!

SheilaP

Postby SheilaP » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:06 pm

Thank you. My husband tells me there are two new 2016 engine versions now being sold in europe, a 1.2 petrol turbo and a diesel. . We will be coming over in September
but if the referendum result means the UK leaves europe, we might not want to spend as much time in BG as we had hoped.

troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:56 pm

Its not worth worrying about, if the UK leave others will probably follow very quickly

certainly the EU may be good for some things but lots of nations get along without it

from a selfish point of view I would like to stay in but actually agree with some of the out arguments as well, not all but some.

Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:36 pm

I'd skip both of those options, SheilaP - I went for the LPG version and am very happy with performance, consumption - and especially running costs... ;)

troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:57 am

bigbulg, sheilaP

took a route through Cz Rep coming from Amsterdam-Hannover-Leipzig direction cross country down the 38 with a bit of motorway then on to Bratislava also through SLovakia using just A roads as I was towing a caravan which needs a seperate vignette and would have been 31 euros for 85 km

The timing meant I stopped near Leipzig and Bratislava, there is a campsite just near the airport

Nice to get off the motorways and see a bit

stopped near Baille Herculain Romania in a small campsite

Vidin Lom Pleven Troyan

All in all not a bad run but always good to get to BG

SheilaP

Postby SheilaP » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:27 am

Sounds like a really nice route.

We are thinking of going via France, Belgium Germany, Austria, Slovenia, and a bit of Italy in September; and then on through Croatia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Albania, Greece and then home to the Valley of the Roses. It will be more about the journey rather than getting to Bulgaria quickly as you've probably guessed!

Having driven 2000 miles around BG and Romania recently, an up to date satnav will be an absolute must backed up with maps for the southern leg of the journey. Just hope we are still part of Europe when we do it.

troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:36 pm

great route, did austria,slovenia,croatia,montenegro,serbia a good while back,

some amazing places...Lake Bled, Ptuj, Dubrovnik,Budva were the highlights

didnt get to Plitvice Lakes in Croatia........looks well worth a visit.

Return to “Shops, Furnishers, Retailers & Suppliers”