Livestock needed

Got something to offer, sell or exchange? Post a private ad here. Please NO Agents or blatant commercial stuff...it will just get deleted!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tubs
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Livestock needed

Postby Tubs » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:48 am

Hi All,
Im looking for info on buying poultry in Bulgaria. I kept chickens and Aylesbury ducks in the uk for the eggs. I now want to try this here for meat and eggs. I live in between Byala and VT, if any1 knows where to buy the stock from or has any for sale please let me know. Also in the uk we fed ours on scraps and corn from the pet shop, is that the same here in Bg ? I need to build a coup, so im in no rush,, to cold outside lol

Many thanks
Tubs
wanderin@hotmail.co.uk

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Villyman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Villyman » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:01 am

http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... ys&start=7

:D

There is website shown near the end of the thread so that might help with your query.

I think the main point is, that this is not the time of year to buy but in the Spring. I'm not sure about your area, but around our place a truck comes round regularly after the Spring selling chicks, baby chickens for about 2 - 3 lev each. We have bought plenty in the past but next year we intend to get some turkeys. Ask neighbours as they will know.

We feed our chickens a shop bought Chicken Food/Milled corn mix and any left-over uncooked veg scraps.

Good luck with your birds.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millomgirl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby millomgirl » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:38 pm

Wait until spring, then head for the weekly livestock market in Polski Trambesh. You can buy all your chicks from there, very cheaply, and you can also buy bags of food for chicks, chickens kept for eggs and also chickens reared for meat. You can also get antibiotic from the agroapteka to go in the chicks' water. Plenty of the villagers will also be able to help and advise you, and will probably be able to sell you chicks as well.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
qwerty
Super User!
Super User!

Postby qwerty » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:00 pm

Hi there,

Exactly as Millomgirl says, Polski Trambesh market on Wednesdays, we got some of ours there, also in your village will be someone or the coop who will grind you up chicken food, we buy 100kg at a time, I forget whats in it exactly but its 2,3, or 4 things ground up. 100kg we pay 30 lev much cheaper than the vets.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
qwerty
Super User!
Super User!

Postby qwerty » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:06 pm

Sorry just read the rest of your question.....We also throw the girls all the scraps, and stuff we have just too much off from the garden, everything just grows so well here, plus all the fruit that falls from all my trees.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tubs
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Tubs » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:40 am

Thanks guys, i will look into it in the spring. Will give me time to get the coop done :D

Return to “PRIVATE/PERSONAL ADS”