Land prices

Need advice from fellow purchasers or sellers? Ask the experts here and swap experiences.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jenjenoz
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Land prices

Postby jenjenoz » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:16 pm

Hi everybody,
Well two days to go and we fly out to sunny beach,to start our attempt at finding a property.We are starting in that area and working our way up to the Ruse area to look around,better half says if we cant find a area in this way we never will.Going via Veliko Tarnovo,which brings me to my question, a agent offered us a chance of 2000sq m of agricultural land about 6km outside V t for 11000euros at the side of a property we may purchase.Could anyone give me a general price for the bands of land, i know location is everything but as we are looking rural not seaview so at lower end because if we get jizzed my better half would witter on at me forever and a day.
Jen.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
chunky002
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby chunky002 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:30 pm

Hi Jen

Whats getting JIZZED mean, sounds rude to me :lol: :lol:

As to the land, sounds expensive to me. what are you planning on doing with this land? thats the big question.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
cruicky50
<b>Transport Services</b>

Postby cruicky50 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:04 pm

hi mate, that sounds like a lot of leva for that sort of land, :snakeman: if its in regulation fine but still expensive, you can buy a house with more land than that with the added knowledge that you know you can build or renovate.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jenjenoz
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby jenjenoz » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:15 pm

Hi ch and cr,
Jizzed means swindled,as far as i know its agricultural land,we are wanting this type not interested in building plots etc.Our plan is to try and do a smallholding if it ever comes off,thats why i am trying to find average prices per sq m.
Jen.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jenjenoz
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby jenjenoz » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:23 pm

Chuncky,
You are classed very highly for the knowledge of bulgaria(so god says ),where if you were looking for a rural paranamic area with property for farms and cheap prices would you suggest.
Jen.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
cruicky50
<b>Transport Services</b>

Postby cruicky50 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:41 pm

hi jen

we have been here in resen for the past 16months and find that in this area at least, everybody has land used for growing or feeding, great if your after a hobby but no way as a living, vt is a great area and with wonderful views, your coming this way so you will find that out, hope you find what your after.

cruicky

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jenjenoz
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby jenjenoz » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:34 pm

Cheers Cruichy,
Know what you mean regarding making a living out off it.The idea is get as much as we can afford now,we are looking at varius ideas,but one thing is we breed gun dogs,so if we come there to live there, so do the dogs.Also when in EU,Bulgaria will come under farming subsides and the like which might allow for a living to be achieved.This is only my thinking and may be totally wrong.
Jen.
Ps,
will get to vt, i am looking for a hotel at the moment.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
chunky002
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby chunky002 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:10 pm

Hi Jen

For agricultural land away from the coast upto 2 euros per m2 is ok it just depends on the grade of soil 1 being the best and 10 being the worst, this will also determine the price.

Dont forget location. VT area is very nice. Lots of people like different areas in bg, so may just be worth spending some time travelling about.

My favorite is the sliven to elhovo region. Mostly flat as i can't stand walking up hills :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jenjenoz
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby jenjenoz » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:27 pm

Cheers Chunky,
I knew you would come up trumps.But now you started something,how DO i know how to find out the grade of soil and know what then to pay for the land.We prefer hilly woody areas but price will dictate where we end up.
Jen.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
london710
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby london710 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:46 pm

its impossible to answer your question. the price of agricultural land varies greatly. you can get agricultural land for 200 euros pr 1000 sqm in the middle of nowhere or you can get agricultural land for 30 euros pr sqm by albena. im selling some agricultural land of my own for less than 1 euro pr sqm, ca 7 km fom albena, and land with seaview by albena for 3,5 euro pr sqm. Prices depend on location, distance to communications, the chance of getting it regulated etc etc etc best bet is to find some villages u like, then find as many offers from that area as possible, using many agents, the internet etc, and pick the best one. good luck

Return to “Property Buying/Selling Advice”