Why not eBay ?

Need advice from fellow purchasers or sellers? Ask the experts here and swap experiences.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Stone

Why not eBay ?

Postby Stone » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:21 pm

I was browsing eBay these days and i found some very very appealing properties for , least to say, reasonable prices. So my question is; how many of u guys have bought properties on eBay and those of you who didnt, why? Dont u think prices there r much more 'down to earth' with sellers (both bg and uk) presenting their properties in a proper way. Why (in my opinion) brits tend to trust more the local agents (crooks) than someone from eBay?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Jerico
<b>Building Services</b>

Postby Jerico » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:23 pm

Its always a good idea to look at something before you buy it. Especially a house.

Jerico

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Well we did,nt. Picked off Bulgarianproperties site without even knowing where the village was....we wanted a place within hour and half from Varna airport.....its an hour away at an easy drive. We bought a renovation project to have for Summer holidays. Stayed first Summer for 3 months..with very little facilities....and came back next year for good. Would I recommend doing that.. ?.....absolutely NOT. !!
We were just lucky and 5 years ago it was,nt a great deal of money so if it had,nt of worked out we,d have went to the loss of the money.
Definately would,nt think of doing the same again...you only have so much luck. :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
murroes

Postby murroes » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:31 pm

I bought a house off ebay,but i went across and seen what i was getting before parting with any money, if the seller has any confidence in what they are selling,giving a true description and the selling price there should be no problem in waiting a few more days on their money.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:41 pm

I did not buy off ebay nor did I buy from an agent

I would not buy from ebay because to make that sort of investment without at least looking at the property or more importantly checking out the area would be nothing short of madness in my opinion.

As for your low opinion of agents, yes some may be crooks but certainly not all and do you think that properties advertised on ebay are placed there by the home owners or by agents.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
missbeans

why not ebay?

Postby missbeans » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:46 pm

I bought thru ebay, after 3 or 4 glasses of wine.......was horrified next morning when I logged on!, flew out 2 weeks later full of trepidation and almost broke........got a fab suprise, fantastic house in lovely village just down the road from my other house. was delighted and was offered twice what I paid for it (5000) same day. said no as house exceptionally good and also full of nice things, very glad I happened upon it, as I was not even looking. not everyone so lucky but yes, I would definately do it again. good luck.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bgcarl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby bgcarl » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:10 pm

I've bought two houses off ebay, no problems at all really. Its the same as anything else - keep your wits about you and don't turn the b*llshit detector off. I did view them personally before I bought.

BGCarl

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Stone

Postby Stone » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:15 pm

so what u thikn about the prices on eBay? arnt they much lower than anywhere else? even if u buy directly from the locals....

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bgcarl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby bgcarl » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:29 pm

Again it depends, the ebay guys aren't doing it for nothing, but if you see what you like at a good price why not. You do tend to get a better price on an auction if you don't get carried away.

BGCarl

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millomgirl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby millomgirl » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:10 pm

I agree. There do seem to be the occasional decent houses on ebay, and you can always ask questions of the seller before you commit your hard-earned, and you can get feedback from other people who have purchased. As long as you set yourself a limit, as in any auction, then you could bag yourself a bargain. I do think that some of the sellers 'stretch the truth' somewhat, but then they are selling something and wanting to make as much money as they can out of it, so you would expect that anyway. I think it helps if you know something of the area you are purchasing in,and also know something about Bulgaria. For instance, I have been told by someone recently that electricity is cheap in Bulgaria, and it certainly isn't these days!

Return to “Property Buying/Selling Advice”