Why not eBay ?

Need advice from fellow purchasers or sellers? Ask the experts here and swap experiences.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:26 pm

houseman wrote:I think I'll settle for the babas. They don't bite or crawl over you at night!

Drat! There goes another of my Grab-A-Granny fantasies.... :cry:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ImperialGallon
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby ImperialGallon » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:51 pm

Stone wrote:I was browsing eBay these days and i found some very very appealing properties for , least to say, reasonable prices.

It is most certainly true to say that Ebay is a very worthwhile portal to consider for potential BG property purchase, as there are some real bargains to be had there, whilst also there are some silly prices, as can be found everywhere. As I believe already mentioned, one will find that the auctions often represent the best opportunity for purchase as these do tend to reflect what could be referred to as the "real" market interest, as opposed to the sometimes surreal world of the REA websites etc.

However, one of course must exercise caution, wisdom and discernment in any property purchase, including that of Ebay, and must also be aware of what one is entering into when placing a potential high bid. It may be useful for anyone wishing to bid to know that Ebay's terms state very clearly indeed that high (or winning) bids on auction real estate/property on Ebay are NOT legally binding bids; they are simply an expression of interest to pursue serious contract negotiations. You will find Ebay themselves point this out at the bottom of every property auction on Ebay. I believe this may have been mentioned in a thread elsewhere.

Rocky wrote:The question is are buyers stark raving mad to agree to terms like this:-
ebay listing wrote:
All property must be paid for within seven days of the auction closing, if you do not agree or are unable to pay for the property then please do not bid. Payment is by direct IBAN to our Bulgarian account (XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX LTD). Failure to pay for the property within seven days will result in a second chance offer being given to the second highest bidder or the property being sold offline.

Legal action will and has in the past been taken against non paying bidders in order to recover the listing fees and resources we pay to advertise this property. No timewasters please. You have time to ask all your questions and inspect any documents before bidding.

Indeed, it could be considered a tad hasty to say the least, to agree to these types of terms, particularly in the light of the above. I believe it is right to say that with all property purchase, particularly overseas, whether it be on Ebay or elsewhere, one must exercise due caution and NEVER part with any money until everything has been checked correctly; the property itself, structure etc, as well as of course all of the legal documentation, requirements, etc and soforth. That way, the risk of a problematic transaction is kept to a minimum, which is of course what we all want.

IG

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Hoowster
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Hoowster » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:30 pm

houseman wrote:Great post Hoowster! Informative and factual, just how I like them.

I have never thought about buying a forest in the NW; mmm.. tree house maybe? But even there you'd have 2 legged visitors, not to mention the 8 and 80 legged kind!

No, I think I'll settle for the babas. They don't bite or crawl over you at night!

Ha Ha yes those centipedes/ millipedes are not MY favourite Bulgarian Bug either. Stink bugs either.
I remember at the agency going through the data base and finding a huge part of a forest that had just sold for €30,000.......Looked lovely.

However you look at it I found 98 properties under £3,000 (plus Commision + company Formation Etc) with ONE estate agency.
So why would you consider only those on E Bay?
Its got to be the getting something for nothing deal?
A tendency toward gambling?
The company I searched is one of the biggest here, has a good rep' and you can take your time buying.
You could line up half a dozen, ask questions (research) come over and be taken to see them all with no pressure to buy.

I guess the problem is down to trusting Estate Agencies.....I can understand that (in some cases) but if you stick to the ones with a decent rep you should be OK.

8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Rocky7
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Rocky7 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:11 pm

Hoowster wrote:I guess the problem is down to trusting Estate Agencies
Why trust them? You don't have too. All REMs are supposed to do is show you the property. Where is the trust in that?

What do you think to this listing?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SP-BT-BULGARIAN-P ... 240%3A1318

This bloke's feedback is 100% with nearly 5 star ratings as well. Looks can be deceiving I suppose.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:32 pm

Anyone used this company on Ebay samax_ltd :
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/samax_ltd/m.html ... ksid=p4340

Here's their charges and conditions :wink:

"1. GENERAL AUCTION TERMS

We require the payment for the property (based on final winning bid) plus the costs that are described in p.2 to be transferred within 7 days of the auction end to our bank account. Failure to pay in due time will result in a second chance offer being given to the second highest bidder or the property being sold offline. We will take legal action against all non paying bidders. After receipt of payment, we will hold the property reserved for you for 18 months so you can come anytime within that period. If you do not agree or are unable to meet this timeline, please contact us for further assistance. Payment is by direct IBAN to our Bulgarian account.

If you are not a Bulgarian citizen, according to Bulgarian law, you will be required to purchase the property through a Bulgarian company. We are offering you the best company formation service available today. Recently we had a number of customers who intended to purchase property from us using a company that was already set up (or at least they thought so) by a third party. It appeared that these companies were not legitimate so the transactions couldn’t be completed. We are now requesting all potential bidders to contact us prior to bidding if they intend to use companies incorporated by third parties, so we can verify their legitimacy. Any bids without our written approval to use third party companies will mean you intend to use our company formation services.

All documents for our properties have been carefully inspected and approved by our solicitors. They are available for inspection, so if you want to check them for yourself, please contact us. We have nothing to hide. Please note, all document checks are to be carried out while the auction is active. By placing a bid you declare that you have either inspected and approved all documents or you accept our assurance for the legal conformity of the featured property.

In addition to the property, you will receive from us 3 years of free tax returns to the Bulgarian tax authorities, the statistical institute and the trade register if necessary. This applies for companies registered through SAMAX, filing a non-trading return. We will also deposit the capital for your company on your behalf in case you use our formation service.

If you have feedback below 10, please contact us prior to bidding. If you don’t contact us we will know you haven’t read the auction terms and the bid may be canceled.

2. COSTS

- Company formation price - £399
- Notary and legal fees - £290
- Local purchase tax - 5% from the end auction price [/i]

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
parkersd
Super User!
Super User!

Postby parkersd » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:25 pm

Can't help with that company Owain...but we bought our house from Ebay (blind) not planning to live here.But circumstances changed in the UK and we were in our new home within 4 months of buying it!!!! Complete with mud floors,windows with holes in,an overgrown garden and a rusty sink for a kitchen...but nearly 3 years later we are so pleased with our hard work. Hubby has worked really hard to make it a lovely home. We totted up and it has cost us around 20k altogether...not bad for a 2 bedroomed home with over an acre of land....and we've bought off Ebay since we've been here too!!!
If you can pick the wheat from the chaff you can still pick up a bargain although there are more and more 'classified ads' on Ebay now with a fixed price.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
neilburns

Postby neilburns » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:33 pm

my last post here didnt get posted maybe because I put a link?

Anyway, I was asking if you bought from Steve The Boss the seller on ebay called cheapbulgarianproperties he seems good as a Christian ran family business and with 4000 happy clients and a lot of offices.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:14 am

try here http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... properties

What the hell difference does his religion make? Does he not sell to other religions?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
parkersd
Super User!
Super User!

Postby parkersd » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:37 am

No Neilburns we didn't buy from them.The Bulgarian we bought from was a 2 man band who is no longer selling houses...he was very helpful and the house,when we viewed it,was exactly as the photos showed on Ebay. As someone previously suggested we had printed all the photos off and took them with us.We will celebrated our 3rd anniversary out here in July and are still very happy with the house and with Bulgaria.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
neilburns

Postby neilburns » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:13 am

leedarkwood your right, what difference does his religion make. I read advert a lot better and am now understand who this Steve The Boss is, I ws so taken in for a sec, will post on the other thread

Return to “Property Buying/Selling Advice”