Why not eBay ?

Need advice from fellow purchasers or sellers? Ask the experts here and swap experiences.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
missbeans

why not ebay

Postby missbeans » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:36 am

when buying a house on ebay, as i did, all i had to do was win it. the company (investmentlink, damiano baldi) i bid thru was great and it was a completely hassle free and very easy transaction. They even "keep" the house until you can get there by transferring it to their company (there was no charge for this) once you have won it incase you cannot get there for a while. obviously one must be careful buying anyhting from ebay, i have been ripped off many times but not over property.......

Can't speak highly enough of Damianos company, the house was way beyond my expectations so it was a very happy outcome. So ebay can be a great way to buy......though i must stress that i had visited the country several times so knew about the area the house was in.........

with regard to the post about setting up company, investment link do most of the work and their charges are very reasonable indeed, way below many other agents. They also helped me secure a house for my sister and really went out of their way to secure it for me, as it was not on their auction site........the owner was trying a personal auction but did not get the bids..........and i had asked (4 years ago!) damiano to try and source a house for me in this particular village, a very popular one, and 4 years later he remembered and mailed me about the house and so we got it. thats what i call service......and a hell of a good memory!! the price he secured for me was very very low.......he made nothing on the deal.........enough said. Ebay can be just fine. try and go with the longest running company, check the ratings. but do visit bulgaria and get a feel for the area you like.....

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Haggis

Postby Haggis » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:43 am

Thank you everyone for your advise and comments.
Please keep your experiences with ebay sellers comming. This will give ua a clue as who is good and who aint.
Regards
Haggis n suzi

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:25 am

From another discussion regarding the pro's and cons of purchasing property on Ebay:

racheleb2009:
sorry but [it] has been obvious for sometime dont buy on ebay!!!!!

Blaiddog:
Dont be sorry we bought a lovely renovated house of Ebay for a fraction of the price we would pay via an agent,and I do notice a great many are sold on there each week

bigbulg:
I dont think that buying off Ebay is the problem, i know i few people who have, with no issues. Its only when it goes wrong we hear about it.
High expections v price paid = ????

Blaiddog:
[Obviously some deals go] wrong without doubt,but I was just interested as to why someone made such generic and inane comments advising not to buy of Ebay

brianj42:
You buy a house with land off Ebay at the same price of a 1996 Landrover Discovery then what do you expect sometimes. Sometimes you will get a good deal and others crap, the joys of buying blind off Ebay.

Blaiddog:
Hi Brian I would never advise anybody to buy blind,do as we did bid win and come and have a look before handing over any money and if all is well go ahead as for the 96 Disco would not be seen dead in one,but do admit have seen a few over here that have been polished up to make them look worth a bit more

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Travel-Man

Postby Travel-Man » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:37 am

hi,

From my personal experience,
I bought through eBay a house with land size of 5,000 meters - about 10 miles to Vratsa, the house needs some repairs to make it comfortable to live, knowing that I have not visited Bulgaria in the past and i do not know anything about the country, but with the price at which I won in the auction (price equal to the rent the one month for house about of ​​400 meters in my country) I think that there is no problem, especially that the land is more than great.

After that I visited Bulgaria and i saw the property, I think I was lucky in this deal.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:34 pm

tracey1962 wrote:
we didnt buy from ebay but i can see why people are tempted,and i`m sure not all are just out to rip folk off, we had a fantastic agent in the uk who used to live in bulgaria and the most amazing service from his rep when we arrived for our viewing , but gut feeling told us we were going to buy what we had only seen pictures of , so we were more than happy , i think if going through ebay i would visit sellers first just for piece of mind and of course where i could return to if taken for a ride !

Blaiddog replied:
Hi Tracey glad u did well out here as we did I think Steve(on the other thread) came on here to advise on certain problems he has had Mod note: NOT with Ebay but with the company he dealt with) and has been met with the normal barrage of nasty comments only found on this forum

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jinx57
<b>Property Finder</b>

Postby jinx57 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:12 am

Ebay is fair enough - some of the folk who advertise thereon may be dodgy!

Guess there are a lot of exasperated genuine traders in real estate who major on Bulgaria for whom a few have spoiled the reputation of many

where ever and whom ever you buy from, keep your wits about you and be canny - Good Luck!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
booboo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby booboo » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:01 am

Don't think this has been mentioned on here, apologies if it has.

You can bid until your heart's content on ebay property, and you do not need to worry about the bid being legally binding. Any threats within the listings of must pay within 7 days or legal action will be sought etc etc is total bull.

Under the terms and conditions of property listings on ebay the seller pays a flat fee for listing the item for a certain period. This fee is paid whether it sells or not. This is to attract interest. However the bids mean nothing. Bear this in mind for 2 reasons. Firstly don't start celebrating you just got an incredible bargain if you win the bidding (as the term no reserve is often lies and the seller can back out with no excuse and you cannot leave bad feedback).

Secondly bid as often and much as you like. If you change your mind once you LATER research the area just don't pay. THERE IS NO LEGAL CONTRACT AND ALL THREATS OF ACTION ARE NOT ENFORCEABLE. In fact I would treat any seller than lists items with these kind of 'threats' as a waste of time. You cannot receive bad feedback either.

So if you see a property with only a short time to run, and don't have time to research and ask questions. Bid on it anyway. Win it then once your research is done, you tell em to do one or complete a deal.

I would say this is power to the buyer, but both parties are not bound by any contract on the final selling bid, so the seller retains much power too.

Return to “Property Buying/Selling Advice”