Looking for the right area to buy

Need advice from fellow purchasers or sellers? Ask the experts here and swap experiences.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:08 pm

I love Wikipedia (and thanks for posting that Dannia) but there is something wrong with the figures (courtesy of Excel). I suspect the Sofia Prov/S Zagora roma figures, they are too similar.

The roma population in the original total is approx 10000 more than the sum of the individual figures and the total population is understated by 38000. It doesn't make a lot of difference, I agree.

It is interesting to note that in (slightly) more than half of the provinces, the roma population is less than 5% of the population and overall that is also the case (approx. 4.5%).

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jinx57
<b>Property Finder</b>

Postby jinx57 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:35 pm

How about plotting all the recommendations on a map, coming over to BG for a month and checking out the places and seeing what grabs your soul?Get a cheap flight into Sofia or Burgas and have car hire arranged to meet you.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Dusty
Super User!
Super User!

Looking to buy

Postby Dusty » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:52 pm

Excellent idea Jinx. Start from the north and work south.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Re: Looking to buy

Postby lyn » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:07 pm

Dusty wrote:Excellent idea Jinx. Start from the north and work south.

No, Dusty, they should start in Blagoevgrad and stay there. :lol: We need them!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
7RED
Super User!
Super User!

Postby 7RED » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:40 pm

Hi,

There are at least 6 members on here that have B&B's, why not stay a few nights in each location and see what works for you.

Stevetheyorkie.........Sozopol
Pelican....................Silistra
Dusty........................VK
Indesec....................Russe
Scot47......................Shumen

And the others escape me.

Good hunting.

7red

(Dear Mod, could you not stick golf like flags in your MyBg map for the chaps who have B&B's)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ardleystar
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ardleystar » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:04 am

Jinx 57 wrote

Get a cheap flight into Sofia or Burgas and have car hire arranged to meet you.

Sorry, but there aren't any cheap flights into Burgas as most Sunny Beach apartment owners can testify, pardon the pun but this flys in the face of the ethos of the so called 'no frills' airlines, they simply don't measure up to the hype. The recent demise of Sky Europe proves the volumes are missing and therefore, it looks unlikely, that for the foreseeable future, fares will migrate south.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jinx57
<b>Property Finder</b>

Postby jinx57 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:15 am

ardleystar wrote:Jinx 57 wrote

Get a cheap flight into Sofia or Burgas and have car hire arranged to meet you.

Sorry, but there aren't any cheap flights into Burgas as most Sunny Beach apartment owners can testify, pardon the pun but this flys in the face of the ethos of the so called 'no frills' airlines, they simply don't measure up to the hype. The recent demise of Sky Europe proves the volumes are missing and therefore, it looks unlikely, that for the foreseeable future, fares will migrate south.

Have a look on the net and you will see some flights cheaper than others - try wizzair for starters

Thought these posts are to help sunshade who asked for information on BG and advise where to buy - not for a moan and groan about unrelated stuff

I was suggesting Sunshade got a map of BG, plotted the recommendations on it, got a cheap flight to BG having pre-arranged car hire to meet at the airport. Which ever airport the cheapest flight goes into, Sunshade's journey round BG could start from there.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
rgawith
Super User!
Super User!

definitely come and travel around though

Postby rgawith » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:37 pm

But definitely come over and travel around. I have a couple doing that now. They are staying for cheap with me in return for bit of work, will then use train and coach to travel around and see country for month or so and view several properties.

If you don't want to drive around I have a good Bulgarian friend who drives people around, shows them sights, translates, helps with house viewings etc.

Rachel

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
anna52
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby anna52 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:15 pm

hi just a little advice on where and what to buy, perhaps some of you will find me a bit cheeky but stay away from villages that have gypsies many have bought and can not sell because of this . come and have a good look around stay in the village that you may want to buy in over night and see for your self dent buy of the net and dent take the word of estate agents, we are lucky we have 2 houses in very nice places on being 5 mins of sunny beach very up market and residential kosharitza and the other a village house konstantinovo lovely village all amenities come and see for your self nice brits to give you sound advice here and most of all no gypsies.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millomgirl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby millomgirl » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:36 pm

Anna, you seem to have a real downer on the gypsy population. Firstly, there are gypsies EVERYWHERE in Bulgaria. Secondly, it would depend on whether you are buying a property for a home or for an investment. Third, not all Brits are nice, OR trustworthy! Definitely think the OP should get over and have a good look around at all the area before making a decision. There are gypsies in my village, but I have never, ever experienced any problems with any of them. Not all villages are the same, and there are some villages around the VT area where I would not want to live. But I am very happy in my village, gypsies and all. Not every village that contains gypsies is a bad village. Personally, I wouldn't want to live anywhere near Sunny Beach, but that is just my individual choice. Again, as so many people have suggested, people looking to buy should definitely go over and see for themselve, and not rely on the opinions of others. Good luck. :lol:

Return to “Property Buying/Selling Advice”