Looking for the right area to buy

Need advice from fellow purchasers or sellers? Ask the experts here and swap experiences.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scotcouple
<b>Property Management/Sales</b>

Postby scotcouple » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:16 pm

Here here!! we also have gypies in our village and have had no problems at all. Your going to be hard pushed to find any village in Bulgaria without some roma in fact i can only think of one and that's Kabile near Yambol apperently the mayor doesn't allow them there.
Very often people who are of Roma origin get unfair press and publicity
There are gd and bad in whatever country you move to you just have to find out what is acceptable to yourself, I mean look at the UK and how many ethnic people are taking up residence they are no different to roma.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bigbulg
<b>Legal Services</b>

Postby bigbulg » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:50 pm

There are Gypsies in Kosharitza, take the bottom road into the village 8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scasparz
Super User!
Super User!

Postby scasparz » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:02 pm

I do not know whether I am correct or not, and of course I would be very interested for your views. Looks like the issue with the roma people in Bulgaria is much the same with Greece. We have them, and whether prejudice or not here they are accused in much the same way some people do with their Bulgarian counterparts.

IMO the issue is not exactly the roma or financial immigrants or whatever. Problems with robberies, violence etc occur when the gap between those who have and those who have not crosses some threshold. For wherever poverty or wealth are uniformly distributed there is little crime.

Bulgaria's main attraction as a residential country is that living costs are relatively low. Had it not been so, then most probably the majority of you would not be there.

Yet the reason behind those low living costs has been that fundamentally the people of this country are so poor. Which makes us foreigners look rich by comparison.

Have seen some properties fitted with iron bars behind every window or door. While I am not in a position to judge their effectiveness, I would not favour to live imprisoned behind bars.

In theory the obvious way is to get yourselves Bulgarianized. Is this feasible and how? Have you thought of alternatives and which?

cheers mates

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
keninski
Super User!
Super User!

Postby keninski » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:18 pm

Anna my dear
there are gypsies in Kosharitsa,and i would not be surprised if a couple of them actually built your house.They are great people,they get by and for what they have they are very happy,good and bad everywere my dear,and if anyone tells you any different they are kidding you and themselves
Keninski

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:26 pm

The 'gypsy debate' is widely discussed elsewhere on the forums so rather than go over old ground here can we get back to the topic of Looking for the right area to buy please.

If you want to discuss any issues surrounding gypies please use the search facility to find a topic more suitable for that subject.

Thanks. Mod 8)

Return to “Property Buying/Selling Advice”