PLEASE beware! cheap-bulgarian-properties.com on Ebay

Need advice from fellow purchasers or sellers? Ask the experts here and swap experiences.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:32 am

Will666 wrote:I've only just finished reading that same ebay add , i came to the conclusion it was the same seller,

Its like a script from a comedy show , i was laughing so much , it reads just like the scam emails that tell me every day I've won the lottery or inherited millions

Luckily for the email scammers and "Good Christian" property agents...there's one or two born every day :lol: :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
rodz
Super User!
Super User!

Please beware

Postby rodz » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:09 am

I do a small amount of B and B for people that have bought houses in the Vratsa area on Ebay. They buy them cheap at around 5000 Euro and expect a palace. When they get here their disillusioned. The properties at that price need a considerable amount of work. Most dont have inside toilets and bathrooms or kitchens, most will consist of only 3 or 4 rooms, the gardens are huge and will also require a lot of work. This all costs money and although the labour is reasonable the materials arnt. If your gonna buy one of these properties you must cost for at LEAST another 25000 Euros to renovate it and consider not only the property but the garden also. However one piece of advice I would give would be if you do buy a property then oversee the renovation yourself. You will save a lot by employing local craftsmen and buying the materials yourself. What I have found is that companies, on the whole will over order materials and cost them to you, and use on another job. They will also cost the renovation in Lev and bill in Euros.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
steven1404

ebay

Postby steven1404 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:13 am

thanks for all the replys most negative and not helpful when you live 2.000 miles away you have no control of what is really happening with your property unless you fly over every week or project manage yourself.

yes i have lost thousands to this company and man but i am not like a lot of you who will just sit there and take it and talk about it as the saying goes.
the work that has been done is of poor standard and prob in real terms represents a few thousand levs not pounds.

yes maybe i was naive in our thinking of the costs involved but you do put your trust in the person that is managing the work that is human nature.

my plan for my property remains the same it will turn into a bar reataurant and a smaller guest house as i now need to put planning permission in for the double story that will be built.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Stone

Postby Stone » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:02 am

why dont you simply sue the guy if you believe you are right? why posting onthe internet your and his personal dealings.... by doing that you get nothing but death threats and emails ...
p.s. and if you are "2000 miles away" you should be expecting to pay at least double (puund-lev)... otherwise, pls come here pay yuor travel etc to manage it and pay probably less....
i m not trying to defend this guy, but who can tell what the "real cost" is? you thikn its of poor quality and expensive, but is that so?
and most importantly, if you start your BG experience with such a confrontation while you are still 2000 miles away, how do you thikn you will manage to survive there (BG)?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Re: ebay

Postby brianj42 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:55 am

steven1404 wrote:my plan for my property remains the same it will turn into a bar reataurant and a smaller guest house as i now need to put planning permission in for the double story that will be built.

Steve. One hopes that this horrible debarcle has taught you something before you start on your next, and probably more expensive part of your dream conversion.

Unfortunately most of us have been ripped off at some time In BG and I seriously believe it is a Balkan "right of passage". Made us much wiser and savvey for when the next scammer popped his head above the parapets....And got it well and truly shot at.

Good Luck

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:00 am

steven1404 wrote
my plan for my property remains the same it will turn into a bar reataurant and a smaller guest house as i now need to put planning permission in for the double story that will be built.

Don't want to be too negative but surely that depends on if you actually ever get to own the property.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:04 am

steven1404 wrote:my plan for my property remains the same it will turn into a bar reataurant and a smaller guest house as i now need to put planning permission in for the double story that will be built.

Architectural and engineering plans should have been drawn up and sent to the Municipality for a project this size let alone start bulding.
And do you even own it yet? Pointless making any plans without a Notary Deed in your hand.
Sorry for your situation steve but you've been in Bulgaria long enough & there's plenty of information just on this site to answer any questions. You were warned about this company by many here but you decided to totally trust them.
Either way,good luck & concentrate on taking ownership of this property first.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:27 am

owain wrote:And do you even own it yet? Pointless making any plans without a Notary Deed in your hand.

Sorry Steve, I wasn't aware you didn't own the house, upon reading back now I see.

Don't want to freak you out but this has "Warning" written all over it.

Personally before you spend another stotinki on this house you need to ensure ownership. If he is avoiding transferring ownership then there has got to be a very good reason why he is going to all this trouble not to hand it over. At this point, and given the mans history, I would be very very cautious in the fact that this house may not even be his to sell, for sale, or there is insurmountable problems.

And. If he owns the house and deeds, what is to stop him selling again, and again, and again.

Have you ever thought that there is a possibility that you may never legally get to own the property ? That you could be doing this up so someone comes along when you've finished and says, "thanks, thats my house".

He bolts (and his past shows this a high possibility) and you're left with nothing.

Getting the ownership and legalities sorted should be your number one priority. Those advising you to do this including myself have lived the BG rollercoaster for many many years, and this is good advice that this has all the hallmarks of going rotten.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
steven1404

ebay

Postby steven1404 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:48 am

he was served with a writ by my lawyer in plovdiv and has to sign the property over by the 20th september if he fails to do so it will go before the judge and the judge wll transfer the property into my company

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:50 am

steven1404 wrote:he was served with a writ by my lawyer in plovdiv and has to sign the property over by the 20th september if he fails to do so it will go before the judge and the judge wll transfer the property into my company

Well done Steve :wink: Now, hold your breath :oops:

Return to “Property Buying/Selling Advice”