PLEASE beware! cheap-bulgarian-properties.com on Ebay

Need advice from fellow purchasers or sellers? Ask the experts here and swap experiences.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
rgawith
Super User!
Super User!

Would agree

Postby rgawith » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:49 am

I would agree with you Spantrout, usually a seller can back out of a contract on payment of double the deposit back to the buyer.

Another point to note is that we are all pretty much aware that a contract in Bulgaria is hardly worth the paper it is written on.

There is also the issue of how the contract was done and signed - if only written in English and not signed in front of a notary in Bulgaria - is it even valid? After all if money paid to a UK bank account is there any real claim in Bulgaria.

And even if there is a valid claim here in Bulgaria we all know how effective the court system is here! I very much doubt it will be as simple as going in front of a judge and asking him to authorise the transfer. I presume by writ Steven1404 means a notary appeal - basically a letter before action saying if x does not happen, we will go to court. Then its off to court and if mine and other people's experiences are anything to go by, a long and expensive procedure with no guarantee of any successful outcome at the end.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Stone

Postby Stone » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:46 am

and what IF Steven1404 is not telling the whole truth and nothing else but the truth? It is very easy to write on a forum, but what IF? Why not leave this case to the judges (if there will be any involved) and move on... Steve The Boss doesnt bother responding and i cant blame him ....

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:30 pm

Because his bottom is making buttons and can't help but to think of what happens if i lose all this money, he was warned. As someone else has mentioned before all the info was here.

"you can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink", springs to mind.

or to borrow a quote from the smoking ban thread, "he's in denial"

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Springerlabs

Postby Springerlabs » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:22 pm

My husband has friends who were looking on ebay to buy a house here, they contacted him as they had seen one in a village advertised for under 2,000 pounds, we knew of the village , very nice area but a long way from a town and all houses built from mud. As they were due to come over, we took them on a tour and showed them this village, Yes they loved the area, and also found the village of great interest but could see why my husband ( a builder ) had put them off from buying on ebay. Most of the houses would need demolishing or if not certainly re-roofing including the timbers , rendered and the list goes on which would amount to an obscene amount of money in materials and delivery costs alone as we all know this is where the expense lies . Anyhow they went home happy after purchasing a character stone two storey house, with new roof sound structure, and in need of little work for just a little more than the one seen on ebay, so they are still out here, its finding them and knowing who to trust thats the hard bit !!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Hippyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Hippyboy » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:51 am

I've not seen any photos , but assumed that "The Old Coaching Inn" was a charecter building of some architectural and heritage worth that was worth preserving and lovingly restoring . However , what it now sounds like is that Steven has not yet purchased an expensive and rather large hole in the ground , and is now coughing up for a lawyer that he should have done in the first place . By the way Steven , where exactly are the beds and bedding right now ? Tim .

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jay66

Postby jay66 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:12 am

Hi Steve... reading this whole saga has made me a little more cautious with my buying in BG next year... not a bad thing..
I won't jump down your throat like most on here but I'd just like to say to that it seems that the seller can't be trusted .. so if you do eventually buy the property & it is yours then get out there & oversea (fulltime) any renovations & live in it.... if you can't do that then personally I'd walk away from the whole thing... the seller only has to wait till the time is right & for say 100 lev pay local gypsies to take the roof off n trash the place.... I would never feel safe living there after all that has gone on..
Sorry not a happy thought but something to think about..

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:19 am

jay66 wrote: it seems that the seller can't be trusted ..

In Bulgaria, the understatement of the century :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:27 pm

This topic is specifically to discuss cheap-bulgarian-properties.com.

The off-topic posts about buying direct have been moved to:
http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... 971#448971

Mod :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
steven1404

ebay

Postby steven1404 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:50 pm

stone i have no need to lie and if you look at his latest ebay add you will see that he now appears to be dragons den ltd if you look right at the bottom of all the crap.

now he does not own dragons den ltd company ( fact ) if you check with companies house dragons den ltd is owned by 1 shareholder and the company is based in manchester.

i do know who owns the company but i am sure that he wont want his details putting on this bb.

now why advertise under a company that you do not own and have nothing to do with.

????????????????????????????????

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Guerrilla

Postby Guerrilla » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:14 am

Steven,

rubbish situation you find yourself in and to be fair you will not be the last person to make an error in this world.
Ignore the negative comments, it took some balls for you to come on here and explain the situation you are in, even though I think you knew there may be a few internet warriors telling you how stupid they feel you have been.

If it were me I would be solely focussing on completing the deal. Comments regarding the treatment and service you have had should wait until you have your deeds in your hand.

Good luck.

Return to “Property Buying/Selling Advice”