Mountains (Rhodopes) west of Kardjali

Need advice from fellow purchasers or sellers? Ask the experts here and swap experiences.

Moderator: Moderator

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:46 pm

If I were you I would go and have a look before buying. Probably impassable in winter.

Victor

Postby Victor » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:09 pm

Unfortunately this time its not possible.

I have a 3 month lead time to holidays (shift worker) and my next possible holidays are in May due to holiday blocks and others away. I dont even have Christmas or New Year holidays this year. I doubt they will hold the property until May for me!!!

So what is Class 4? Mud track or big potholes?

suzanna

Postby suzanna » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:13 pm

Which side of Batak Victor? We discovered that area in the summer, when floods cut off Velingrad, we found millions of tracks, millions of pot-holes and very large logging lorries late at night.

If you can find the road on a map, basically if its white on the map its a black road and may start off fine and get worse from there, but it it a fabulous area and worth finding out about. I bought in a village near Brzigovo through Insproperties who are based in Plovdiv and have a lot of property in the area.

Suzanna

Victor

Postby Victor » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:29 am

Its near Fotinovo. I can see the road on World Wind, but I have not seen a real map.

suzanna

Postby suzanna » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:22 am

Hi Victor

If you go to www.bgmaps.com and put in fotinovo on a search in the places in bulgaria search it will hightlight the village. I drove from Rosova through Ravnagor hoping to ge to Batak lake , the road after Ravnagor which is quite a busy village, was tarmac and it carried on, but somewhere along the route we lost our way and didnt find Batak.

There were road signs to Fotinovo but cant tell you where the road runs out. The villages up there are working villages and relatively up to date in rural terms, everyone has a mobile phone, and very friendly, we last went in autumn and it was very beautiful but I cant be sure where the tarmac runs out! The black roads are very wide, but full of pot holes so I guess it depends on your driving mabye someone else has explore up there and can tell us both more!

Suzanna

leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:48 am

I am lookin on a copy of the Euro Weg E8 walking map, The Rhodopes, number three covering the Batak region. The road in from the direction of Batak looks very to be likely to be a tarmac road, although this could still be very rough at times! The road to the north going directly to Ravnogor is a dirt track I would say. Given the contours, I would say Fotinovo in was a fairly narrow valley. Phone me if you want to borrow this map and I will stick it into the post for you. You can find the number on my website

Lee

Victor

Postby Victor » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:58 am

Thanks Susanna Sounds like the area is nice, which confirms some other info I have. Ive used Nasa World Wind to look at the area in 3d and the village is on the north side of the mountain about 1/2 way up I would guess. Certainly a nice landscape.

leedarkwood I will try to get the map in my local shop. We have an excelent place in Munich to get maps.

puddycat

Postby puddycat » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:06 pm

Hi Victor

We have bought a house near to Batak. We viewed quite a number of houses in the batak area last Easter that are still for sale now. If you could let me know exactly which one it is that you are interested in it may be that I have viewed it and can give you better information. Fortinovo does ring a bell and it was certainly in that area that we viewed a few houses. I also may have pictures if it is the one I am thinking of. The area is very beautiful and I feel has loads of potential. If you do not wish to state which house on the forum PM me.

Regards

stoney

Postby stoney » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:07 pm

Hi,everyone who has bought propert in the beautiful Western Rhodopes.
I would be very grateful for recommendations for reliable, good quality builders in this area. The land on which I want to build overlooks Lake Batak.

Return to “Property Buying/Selling Advice”