Which complex with other Brits? S Beach / Sozopol

Need advice from fellow purchasers or sellers? Ask the experts here and swap experiences.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
KateM

Which complex with other Brits? S Beach / Sozopol

Postby KateM » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:48 pm

Hi all,
I live in a village but have family who want to buy in a complex, something either near Sunny Beach or Sozopol I don't want them to end up in one with no other British families does anyone have any sugestions?
Thanks Kate

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
stevetheyorky
Super User!
Super User!

Postby stevetheyorky » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:36 pm

Hi Kate

"Sunny Beach or Sozopol"

Chalk and cheese.

Ome has class, quality architecture, history, style, and catm.

The other is a conglomeration of tacky bars and souvenir shops

You can make your own mind up which is which

steve

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
rock_roland
Super User!
Super User!

Postby rock_roland » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:18 pm

Hi Kate

Get a car and have a look at different complexes together with you parents. Then start your search.
I suggest Sveti Vlas, that is a small town near SB with BG flair. There are many complexes with an interesting architecture. Sveti Vlas is well known for its climate, that is very healthy especially for breathing organs. Not to hot in summer, cool and fresh air falling down from the mountains in the evenings and mild winters.

Roland

Have a look at my gallery

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Re: Which complex with other Brits? S Beach / Sozopol

Postby houseman » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:28 pm

KateM wrote:Hi all,
I live in a village but have family who want to buy in a complex, something either near Sunny Beach or Sozopol I don't want them to end up in one with no other British families does anyone have any sugestions?
Thanks Kate

So that's NEAR Sunny Beach or Sozopol but not IN either, is it?
Point being that if you're only near, then you have a great chance of ending up in some godforsaken speculators' dream gone wrong (no names no pack drill) away from the people you want to be with. Maybe the only people in the block!
The places you mention are indeed vastly different in size, atmosphere and style, you have to decide what suits you best (not forgetting the parents), not paying too much attention to any one person's preferences here on the forum (mine included). Go see!
8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:30 am

You need to come a look for yourself and to decide which area you want to buy in, There are some nice complex's in Sunny Beach, but also St Vlas is nice, New Nessebar just by the marina is lovely also some nice developements there, then there is Ravda, could go on for ages. Resales are now a good option as many people are selling. We manage a lot of properties in Sunny Beach on many complex's if we can help on any info on a complex please just ask

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
rock_roland
Super User!
Super User!

Postby rock_roland » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:56 am

Thanks Oldtimer,

these are the reasons we bought in Vlas six years ago. At that time it was a old f......g village. Take Pomorie in consideration as well.

But I would NEVER buy an apartment in a complex, the risks concerning payment of water, electricity and management are too high because you are not independent. The risk of bankruptcy is evident.
Better buy an apartment in a detached house, maybe in English speaking surroundings. As I heard there are Bulgarians speaking English. And I guess it is a necessity as well for the old people to learn some words Bulgarian, isn´t it?

Roland

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:15 am

Maybe KateM should be advised to look here as a precaution:
http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... 495#406495

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:35 am

Sadly, Houseman, I suspect that the authorities will give the occupants time to vacate the premises before they demolish them :evil:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jinx57
<b>Property Finder</b>

Postby jinx57 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:40 am

would advise NOT to buy in apartment complex, too much interdependency stuff and not enough control over one's own destiny as an owner.

SunnyBeach & Sozopol are so very different - the latter is lovely especially in the old town.

Guess you'd be doing your friends a favour to encourage them to buy a single storey building near the sea which they can own and, unlike an apartment own all the freehold on which it is built

Guess you'd be doing your friends a favour to encourage them to try and make friends with the local Bulgarians rather than looking for other brits.

hope they enjoy Bulgaria and get the best this wonderful country has to offer

Return to “Property Buying/Selling Advice”