Advice wanted on these 2 cheap renovated houses

Need advice from fellow purchasers or sellers? Ask the experts here and swap experiences.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sixfeetunder

Advice wanted on these 2 cheap renovated houses

Postby sixfeetunder » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:23 pm

Hello, I am totally new here, from Belgium, visited the Varna region a few times and love the south part of Varna. Looking to buy a cheap renovated house from St Konstantin in the North to Dolni Chiflik in the South and to Provadia in the Southeast of Varna.
At the moment there are two very nice houses on my list, one in Barzitsa, for about 33 000 euro, and one near Kamchija for about 20 000 euro, but still need some finishing.
Any people here know about which properties I am talking and give me some advice ? i already noticed some people even living in Barzitsa and Avren so they must be able to give me some advice on their village and one of these two houses.

http://www.bulgarianproperties.com/Hous ... Varna.html

http://www.mondinion.com/Real_Estate_Li ... _for_Sale/

Also other properties in this price range very welcome. Thanks very much
Lesley

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:45 pm

I'd say if you offer them 50% of what they are asking, you would be nearer the real price and could get a nice house....cheap.

If you are looking to spend €33k then look at houses around €50k and offer €30k. Works for me :D

Its a buyers market, use it to your advantage. At the moment you are to the BG REA's the equivalent of a van load of food driving through Misrata.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sixfeetunder

thanks for the quick and very useful reply

Postby sixfeetunder » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:48 pm

thanks
I might try this advice....

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
1abroad

Postby 1abroad » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:56 pm

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sixfeetunder

no private messages yet

Postby sixfeetunder » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:18 pm

Hello 1 abroad, I am not able yet to view or send private messages, will read it later I hope or can you tell me your message in forum ?

Thanks very much
Lesley

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sixfeetunder

1abroad thanks for your message

Postby sixfeetunder » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:27 pm

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:34 pm

The second property in your list looks nicer, but notice how the road is HIGHER than the property itself and all that internal cladding JUST might be hiding a damp problem. I could be completely wrong, but you have to be VERY careful buying renovated properties here unless you're getting an absolute bargain which as Brian rightly says would be somewhere near ONE THIRD to Half of the asking price.

Good luck and THERE is a house out here for you somewhere, just need to keep looking and better in person than via the Internet. :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sixfeetunder

Strange you find the prices too high....

Postby sixfeetunder » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:45 pm

Hello again,

I am very surprised you tend to find prices for these two renovated houses too high....
One is 19 000 euro, the other starts at 32 000 euro.... Can I really believe I could get the houses even for half of this already crazy price ? I would feel embarassed to ask the real estate agent for a discussion about the sales price as it is already so low ??

But thanks anyway..

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Re: Strange you find the prices too high....

Postby brianj42 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:28 pm

sixfeetunder wrote:Hello again,

I am very surprised you tend to find prices for these two renovated houses too high....
One is 19 000 euro, the other starts at 32 000 euro.... Can I really believe I could get the houses even for half of this already crazy price ? I would feel embarassed to ask the real estate agent for a discussion about the sales price as it is already so low ??

But thanks anyway..

Trust me, he won't feel the least bit embarassed to quote you double the real price, in fact chances are he won't feel the least bit anything. On top of this he'll be happy to overcharge you for setting up a company, skim profits off a builder to do the renovations, and finally recommend his brother the accountant to do your annual accounts.

Long time in BG seeing the market go from rock bottom, to crazy top, back to rock bottom. You have to barter, you hold the cards and to be honest if you lose these houses, there are probably another 5,000 waiting around the corner.

If you are to embarassed to barter then find the house you want and then get someone who can barter for you on a percentage saved basis.

Now there's a cunning idea :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
padraig

2 cheap renovated houses

Postby padraig » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:41 pm

Listen to the advise you have been given by brian and you will have no regrets. You should also go and see the property before you part with any money. It's a buyers market and their are 1000's of houses for sale. Visit the property, it's a must at the prices you are willing to pay.

good luck p.

Return to “Property Buying/Selling Advice”