Buying With The Mayor's Help?

Need advice from fellow purchasers or sellers? Ask the experts here and swap experiences.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:27 am

OldHolborn wrote:Must admit, I'm amused by the amount of "property agents" advising me to buy through "property agents".

If anything, this whole forum would suggest the exact opposite. :wink:

Some of us have worked here for a while and have to deal with Mayors and their administration on a regular basis so understand how they operate. I work in the South West of the Country and over 90% of our clients are Bulgarian so I have no interest in trying to sell some ex-pat a property in the Rhodopes.
I also haven't advised you to buy via a property agent, you should realise that everyone in Bulgaria is a property agent,including Mayors :wink: As your looking to buy in the ethnic turkish areas of the Rhodopes, all the Mayors in this region are from the DPS party so you will have literally no influence in whether or not a Mayor is re-elected.
Whoever you decide to use as a middleman, just be vigilant and make sure you hire an independant property lawyer to make the necessary checks on any property you decide to purchase.
Good Luck

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Blaiddog

Postby Blaiddog » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:17 pm

Great to see a post like this showing the arrogance of some Brits hope the translator you hire drives a fast car because should you come to our village you will need it and your name is so appropriate because you will get burned (cough)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millomgirl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby millomgirl » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:33 pm

Hope you are not accusing me of being a property agent, because I am not. I am just a person who has bought and sold a couple of houses in Bulgaria, using agents who I know I can trust.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Blaiddog

Postby Blaiddog » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:45 pm

Hi Millomgirl doubt anyone thinks that,have just looked at one of his postings and he wants to stay away from any Brits there is a God thank you

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
qwerty
Super User!
Super User!

Postby qwerty » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:58 pm

Does anyone know how the OP (OLDHOLBORN) got on with his quest of buying property from Mayors!!

I ask because I've been asking around my village (P.Trambesh area) for an acre of scrub to keep bees on and have only got inflated prices back from villagers, a friend advised me to go and ask the Mayor but after just reading back through this forum the MOD found for me, I might not bother.......

Perhaps my village is the ONE with Bulgairas only honest Mayor :lol:

All and any advice on how to proceed is welcome!!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
qwerty
Super User!
Super User!

Postby qwerty » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:15 pm

OWAIN SAID

owain wrote:Hi qwerty,
How long is a piece of string:lol:
Why not look into the possibility of renting land in the village, maybe some of the villagers may think you want to build so are looking to profit. There may be private or Municipal land in the village that can be rented and the price will be minimal.
Talk to the Mayor about the fact that you want to start keeping bees. Be straight with him and tell him that the prices you've been offered by locals is far too high just to put bee-hives on.
I don't know the situation in your village but elections are coming so the Mayors help may be cheap now, in your case his help may only cost the offer of free honey or the promise of your vote :wink:
To be honest,Mayors are usually quite direct if they want any contributions to their election funds, play it by ear.

I've moved Owains reply here because I asked on the wrong thread :)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:35 pm

Sound advice which I would agree with from our Owaaaaaaaain :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cliff51

Postby Cliff51 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:36 pm

I would proceed with extreme caution!!!! 8O :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
qwerty
Super User!
Super User!

Postby qwerty » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:09 pm

Thanks for the replys so far....

It is elections of some sort in our village I think, other than wandering down to the Mayors office once a month to pay my bills I don't know anything that goes on here.

The Mayor seems a nice enough chap, he drives a Mercedes which is a bad sign I suppose, but then it doesn't have blacked out windows or a single bullet hole in it, which is a good sign!!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
OldHolborn

Postby OldHolborn » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:40 pm

qwerty wrote:Does anyone know how the OP (OLDHOLBORN) got on with his quest of buying property from Mayors!!

I ask because I've been asking around my village (P.Trambesh area) for an acre of scrub to keep bees on and have only got inflated prices back from villagers, a friend advised me to go and ask the Mayor but after just reading back through this forum the MOD found for me, I might not bother.......

Perhaps my village is the ONE with Bulgairas only honest Mayor :lol:

All and any advice on how to proceed is welcome!!

Got on just fine.

Tip 1. Ask at the pub who the Mayor is and WHY you would like to talk to him. The entire village then knows a potential buyer is in town and if the Mayor shows you only the inflated properties of his mates, the village will hang him.

Tip 2: Be nice to the Mayor. If you DO buy from him, you'll be in the same village as him. If you have something to add to the village, most will welcome you with open arms.

Return to “Property Buying/Selling Advice”