ADVICES needed for South West properties

Need advice from fellow purchasers or sellers? Ask the experts here and swap experiences.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:02 pm

What you're looking for is actually quite difficult to find in the South West. Bulgarians do live in village environments. In some Villages and Town Villa districts the properties are spread out but it's rare to find something liveable,on it's own, with a water source and good land that has not yet been used.
Most properties in the South West are set on smaller plots, 800 too 1,000 sq.m, the villagers then will own agricultural plots around the Villages for growing and grazing animals.

You can look at properties available in the whole region, from Gotse Delchev to Blagoevgrad, on [url]imoti.net[/url]
Try to use the Bulgarian Search facility as the English Search will show you very few properties :wink:

You can check their locations by "copying & pasting" the names into Google Maps or BGMaps:
http://bgmaps.com/
Last edited by owain on Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MIK
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby MIK » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:33 pm

owain wrote:What you're looking for is actually quite difficult to find in the South West. Bulgarians do live in village environments. In some Villages and Town Villa districts the properties are spread out but it's rare to find something liveable,on it's own, with a water source and good land that has not yet been used.
Most properties in the South West are set on smaller plots, 800 too 1,000 sq.m, the villagers then will own agricultural plots around the Villages for growing and grazing animals.
You can look at properties available in the whole region, from Gotse Delchev to Blagoevgrad, on imoti.net. Here's a link for them:

http://bgmaps.com/

Thanks Owain I copied the link so if you want to edit the message to avoid strange formatting is okay

I see what you mean. I can think to villages outskirts or places where houses are spread out. It really depends on the location and what kid of people is leaving there.

When I say unused land I mean I wont like to have land or be in a nearby of land used for conventional agriculture. Now days even people in rural villages use so many chemicals they do not even what they are actually spreading.

a plot about 800/1000 along with the house is already a good start...then if I need more I will pick some other.

I will look at the links now

thanks

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:38 am

You could also look around the Petrich area. There are some remote villages down that way.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MIK
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby MIK » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:04 pm

Owain I've found some interesting properties in the website you mentioned...unfortunately they offer very few information, and they don not give many other if you ask....they tell you just to go and see the property

:evil:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:20 pm

MIK wrote:Owain I've found some interesting properties in the website you mentioned...unfortunately they offer very few information, and they don not give many other if you ask....they tell you just to go and see the property

:evil:

Hi MIK,
I'm afraid that's normal procedure. Due to the fact that many buyers, especially Bulgarian, will use any information they can get to find the owner. This is so that they don't have to purchase through the Agent, having been 'jumped over' by 2 buyers in the last month, I can say that it's a bit frustrating :evil:
If an Agent gives you all the info on the property, you may go and find the owner yourself, this is why they prefer to show you the property themselves.

I work in this region, if you want to pm me the links of the properties your interested in,I can see if i can get some more info on them.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:22 am

I asked why there were no isolated houses in the South West when we moved here. The reply was '6000 years of being invaded'.

We bought 6 decare on one plot on the edge of a village but if I did it now I would buy a house in the village on one decare and then buy far cheaper land just outside.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
qwerty
Super User!
Super User!

Postby qwerty » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:38 am

You can see the same sort of thing in parts of Greece, Turkey and France, anywhere really where borders have been "Fluid' and repeatedly fought over for centuries.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MIK
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby MIK » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:00 pm

leedarkwood wrote:I asked why there were no isolated houses in the South West when we moved here. The reply was '6000 years of being invaded'.

We bought 6 decare on one plot on the edge of a village but if I did it now I would buy a house in the village on one decare and then buy far cheaper land just outside.

Probably but is not like they built fortified villages. :D Sometime it make just things easier to invaders.

House in the village and cheaper land outside is good as far as it fits your needs.
I want to set a permaculture so I need to dispose freely of the land. Villages always impose limitations.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MIK
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby MIK » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:04 pm

qwerty wrote:You can see the same sort of thing in parts of Greece, Turkey and France, anywhere really where borders have been "Fluid' and repeatedly fought over for centuries.

:lol: I saw it. The Martyric villages in North Greece burnt by the Germans...the only houses left were the ones into the bushes out of the villages.

sometimes stick together doesn't help much

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
yankv8
Super User!
Super User!

property near Greece

Postby yankv8 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:43 pm

Whats wromg with Svilengrad or Kurdjhali ,right on the border of Greece and cheap properties,i have one for sale in EFREM,Mahdjarovo for £5000 but theres many to choose from,and nature reserves

Return to “Property Buying/Selling Advice”