e petition to stop property fraud and double selling

Need advice from fellow purchasers or sellers? Ask the experts here and swap experiences.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
steven1404

e petition to stop property fraud and double selling

Postby steven1404 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:22 pm

can i ask members of my bg who still have a postal addy in the uk to please sign my on line petition
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/24084

thank you for your help and can you please get your freinds to sign it

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:42 pm

This will need to become more erudite if it is to gain any traction. What, precisely, are we asking the government to actually do?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:51 pm

What property fraud are we talking about would this be the same as Spain or just confined to BG, there is property fraud all over the world what goverment /s are we aiming at.

Do not get bitten by stray dogs or property fraudsters ib BG there is no comeback.

Varna man keep it cool 8) 8) 8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:32 pm

The U.K government can only investigate fraud by U.K. Companies or individuals. There's nothing they can do in Bulgaria, they have no responsibility or jurisdiction in Bulgaria. If you have proof of fraud in Bulgaria(or anywhere else) then you take it to the courts.

The U.K government can't do anything when one of it's citizens have been ripped off in another Country, ask the thousands of families that were conned in Spain, the fraud here is peanuts in comparison.
If the frauds good enough, there's not much the Government can do in the U.K. Google "UK Land Banking Fraud" and you'll see what I mean :wink:

I also think the government have got a few more things to worry about at the moment than a few of it's citizens losing money on property scams, the economical World is on the brink of collapsing :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:57 pm

Spot on reply.

Varna man 8) 8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:51 pm

Mat wrote:This will need to become more erudite if it is to gain any traction. What, precisely, are we asking the government to actually do?

Mat is quite right. Moreover, expats are not going to gain much sympathy so you've got to have something which UK residents can unite around. Look at other epetitions for hints.

How about

We call upon the government to liaise closely with Bulgarian agencies under the Justice and Home Affairs titles of the EU Treaties with a view to stamping out such practices and securing effective asset recovery; and to investigate the extent to which Bulgarian criminal gangs are using funds fleeced from British people in Bulgaria to finance criminal activities in the United Kingdom.

After a few more drinks I could make it better, of course :lol: :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
BG9374

Postby BG9374 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:31 pm

At the end of the week, month year, buyer beware and buyer get a solicitor pre any serioius want to purchase property anywhere...

As ever, many look for a cheap offer, buy on impulse, hurry while the cautious fear and go and find a solicitor, or use their nose.

UK Government does poke their pennies worth into foreign affairs, remember Oxus gold plc working out of Kyrgyzstan. Tony Blair while PM stuck his pennies worth into that when some trouble was brewing.

Several years later the Kyrgyzstan Government took back all of Oxus's assets, jailed a company employee, screwed every share holder, now the company is fighting Kyrgyzstan Government through a legal process.

Legislation, goodwill, just cannot be imposed on another country nor countryman.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
EdnaBulgarka
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby EdnaBulgarka » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:03 am

BG9374 wrote:At the end of the week, month year, buyer beware and buyer get a solicitor pre any serioius want to purchase property anywhere...

As ever, many look for a cheap offer, buy on impulse, hurry while the cautious fear and go and find a solicitor, or use their nose.

UK Government does poke their pennies worth into foreign affairs, remember Oxus gold plc working out of Kyrgyzstan. Tony Blair while PM stuck his pennies worth into that when some trouble was brewing.

Several years later the Kyrgyzstan Government took back all of Oxus's assets, jailed a company employee, screwed every share holder, now the company is fighting Kyrgyzstan Government through a legal process.

Legislation, goodwill, just cannot be imposed on another country nor countryman.

It is very funny how you people think a Bulgarian solicitor is the answer. In a country like this a solicitor is likely the bigger scammer than the estate agent but you will never even know this! I see some of the recommends for good solicitors on here by Brits and they are rubbish lawyers in BG laws, this is why they take the easy money from you all instead of having real career in BG law which pays sooooo much more than "helping" Mr England buy his cheap house.

People will leave Bulgaria because of bad property deals but just as many times its the solicitors who made the deal bad not the seller.

Do you really think these solicitors ever leave their office to go check those precious boundaries you worry about? Do the rip-off hot shot lawyers with great internet sites go to the villages? Very funny reading this thread I know people who have left because of how their solicitors left them. Like you say buyer beware!

Return to “Property Buying/Selling Advice”