Paying Water Meter - HOW?!

Need advice from fellow purchasers or sellers? Ask the experts here and swap experiences.

Moderator: Moderator

mrloverlover696969

Paying Water Meter - HOW?!

Postby mrloverlover696969 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:24 am

Hi,

I am in a bit of a strange position. I bought an apartment about 8 years ago and the developer never put together any kind of maintenance plan. Therefore the apartment block isn't actually "run" by anyone. The last contact I had with them, they took a deposit for upfront credit on a water meter. This was many years ago and since then I haven't paid anything else. I still have water but I am worried that one day I will turn up and the water will be switched off!

The thing is, I have absolutely no idea who or where I pay. I have been to the post office who seem to know nothing about it. I have contacted the developer and despite me paying them directly before for the credit on my water meter, I can now no longer get any sense from them and they just tell me they can't help.

There is a Bulgarian that lives in the block who collects a small amount of money from some of the people in the block to try and contribute to some sort of maintenance but she doesn't speak more than a couple of words of English and even when I use a translator she doesn't seem to be able to give me any answers regarding my water. On my last visit a few weeks ago she told me to leave my water meter reading with her before I left and she would check next month if there was a bill (or this is what I sort of interpreted she was getting at), but the thing is that I don't think there is any kind of bill, I think I am just operating on a prepaid credit scheme that I just want to load up with more credit.

Can anyone help?!

Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:00 pm

Some complexes operate a scheme - I suspect not 100% kosher - whereby they pay the whole water bill and then charge it out to individual owners. Your best best is to read your meter and take a photo of it showing the meter number and current reading. Take it to the local water office, with your notary deed, and confirm whose name the account is in and what the payment status is; that'll be a good basis for deciding what's going on and what, if anything, you need to do.....

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:39 pm

Common practice is that you have to go and ask for the bill. Certainly it was done that way with places I lived in. There was a day, once a month when the water company was available with bills. It was up to houseowners to track them down.
Last edited by scot47 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

rubbertoe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby rubbertoe » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:02 am

Anyone know if there is a Water Company office which covers Sunny Beach?

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:41 am

There is a water meter office just off the roundabout at the south end of Sunny Beach just on the bend as you go up to Nessebar

rubbertoe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby rubbertoe » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:15 pm

Thanks for the info oldtimer

scanniaman
Penny Pincher

Postby scanniaman » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:21 am

If it's any use I pay my water and electric at Office 1 shop. My Bulstat card is all thats required but I do carry my electric number with me just in case.
scanniaman

Return to “Property Buying/Selling Advice”