newbie legal buying advice

Need advice from fellow purchasers or sellers? Ask the experts here and swap experiences.

Moderator: Moderator

FlagHostel

Postby FlagHostel » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:37 pm

I agree c.

There are a lot of s h i t e houses listed on ebay that no one ever wants.
Sellers keep relisting them thinking someone might decide to buy them.
But they don't.

None wants a s h i t e house in the middle of nowhere to live in.

U have to b patient.

I looked for two years before i found anything worth buying at a good price.

As budy says he's been looking for ages. That's the right attitude.

But never look ' ever ' on estate agent sites.

You will never find bargains on them, no matter how many
Years you look

Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:06 am

Well, I agree with the look long and hard, and don't rush in approach. But I have to say that FH's views are definitely his own and certainly not shared by everyone.

Ebay can be a good source once you've learned to see past the flim-flam that is understandably part of the process; estate agents' sites ARE a good source of property, especially the main Bulgarian-language ones.

As for the question of what is a good/fair price, that's a very subjective thing. From the details on the web site the property in question certainly doesn't appear to be over-priced and it's definitely a better way to go than buying some cheap house and spending a fortune doing it up, especially if you're doing it at a distance. Be a bit careful over the garden, though; unless you're going to live there permanently you'll find it a real handful - and stuff here grows more quickly that you can believe! :D

troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:35 am

Try olx.bg which is not necessarily aimed at foreign buyers

Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:08 am

Indeed so, but bear in mind that the vast majority of adverts on OLX are from estate agents and that there's no shortage of chancers there with inflated ideas of what their property is worth.... ;)

budyboy
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby budyboy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:18 am

thanks all for your replies. seedy, when you say its not overpriced, did you look up the property i am buying or are you just going by my description..

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:26 am

I didn't see a link to the property - can you send one? Why did you choose this village? Or it was the house that you chose? I assume you will visit before you buy? I have friends in Byala just down the road and its not a bad little town - the whole region has been suffering depopulation for years though. You're far enough from the river to not be affected by the mosquitos but close enough to be able to access the metropolis of Russe easily. Still, it is in the middle of farming country, so pretty bleak in winter. Then again, I suppose everywhere is in BG..

Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:38 am

I looked it up on the site - easy enough to do..... ;)

budyboy
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby budyboy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:39 am

and you reckon its value?

Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:53 am

For those who can't find it - http://www.cheap-bulgarian-house.co.uk/more_than_three_bedrooms_id5260_t13.html

Yeah, that doesn't look like a bad price to me :) I assume you have been to see it?

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:59 am

Looks like a nice house. They're selling in a hury so you might be able to do a deal on the furniture as well.

Value depends on many things. Do you want to live there or use it as a holiday place? What's the village like? What are the neighbours like?

You should assume that it will be almost impossible to sell (as the current owners have) and you might want to ask yourself why someone would renovate a place for obviously more than the sale price and then want to get rid of it.

Return to “Property Buying/Selling Advice”