newbie legal buying advice

Need advice from fellow purchasers or sellers? Ask the experts here and swap experiences.

Moderator: Moderator

Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:13 am

BUT it's not unheard-of for people to over-extend themselves or to have family or other problems which make it necessary to sell in a hurry. If you're sure Bulgaria is for you then I wouldn't hesitate if I were you...

And I am slightly surprised that that site has some little gems hidden away in there! :D

budyboy
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby budyboy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:04 am

thanks guys for the reassurance that i'm not paying too much..good forum this

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:45 am

This property has also been listed on imot.bg since at least July 2014 and it's still there (at the older price of 25K euros).

http://www.imot.bg/pcgi/imot.cgi?act=5& ... xzeuq&f1=1

So there have been no takers so far? I'd get outwardly much less enthusiastic and make a much reduced offer on the asking price. Every little helps.... :D

Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:27 pm

Well, it's no longer on the Bulgarian Properties site and they're well known for jacking up prices anyway. A drop of 20% isn't to be sniffed at but it never hurts to try an offer and see what happens.

How far have you got with this deal so far - have you just seen the advert or have you visited/had contact etc?

FlagHostel

Postby FlagHostel » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:46 pm

mat's right here.

even if you think £15k is a good price, you have to look at why you want to buy it and the problems re-selling (if the current seller cannot sell, neither will you be able to)

also, you have to remember, word will fly round the village if your house is furnished and you don't live there full time.

sooner or later you 'will' get robbed, when you are not there !

so you may want to consider a house sitter for when you are not there ?
Last edited by FlagHostel on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:47 pm

If you do not have the time to renovate a house, which is almost impossible to do remotely and ever more difficult as the builders are thin on the ground then a price between 25-40 k euros is not bad and usually come fully equipped for that

You would arrive at around that price anyway if you had the time to start from scratch

The main thing I would investigate is is the area declining our not, there are villages that are actually on the up albeit on the decline of other villages, same with cities VT Stara Zagora Gotse Delchev to name a few seem to be more than holding their own.

Dying villages are very depressing and to be avoided and die very quickly these days

FlagHostel

Postby FlagHostel » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:50 pm

yes troyan is definately also right here.

i was in stara zagora about a month ago.
it's quite buzzing and on the up compared to when i was last there...

where as some areas are dying and will never improve

troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:02 pm

there are apparently no steps or plans to halt or reverse the population drop so there will be a natural streamlining of urban areas, and as BG doesnt have many would be immigrants to speak of........although I think they are missing a trick, BG is an ideal place to settle if you are starting from scratch.......not to mention gaining EU citizenship which opens the door anyway, but people are short sighted

Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:51 pm

Well, it's no longer on the Bulgarian Properties site and they're well known for jacking up prices anyway. A drop of 20% isn't to be sniffed at but it never hurts to try an offer and see what happens.

How far have you got with this deal so far - have you just seen the advert or have you visited/had contact etc?

budyboy
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby budyboy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:40 am

i;ve done the deal to buy..now i need lawyer to look over deal..anyone know a good reasonable lawyer in byala/ruse/vt area who could do this for me?
thx for any help

Return to “Property Buying/Selling Advice”