Trustworthy lawyer in VT

Need advice from fellow purchasers or sellers? Ask the experts here and swap experiences.

Moderator: Moderator

heatseeker

Trustworthy lawyer in VT

Postby heatseeker » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:10 am

Sorry about the oxymoron. Can anyone recommend a trustworthy lawyer in VT with reasonable charges who wont lie or cheat me?

I will need to sell my property and guessing my 'own' lawyer would be better than that provided by the agent?????

I've been recommended to use Stara Planina but know nothing about whether this is a good idea or not.

I had to leave BG as I couldn't live, having been ripped off by lawyers, accountants, constructors, agents, you name it. So will have limited time to visit and set up a selling procedure.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Now selling because I can't afford the upkeep. Anticipating losing most of what I've put into the venture.

When I bought the property the 'lawyer' recommended by the agent wasn't a lawyer at all and failed to carry out my intstructions to check for liens etc. Consequently, I not only received poor or wrong advice but ended up with debts on the utilities!

So I really want a proper lawyer and not one hand in glove with the agents and taking money from me at both ends. That's a mortgaging term but also a metaphor for something rude. :(

Thanks for reading.

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:06 pm

Get an estate agent to sell it. Lawyers in BG do not play the same role in the property market as lawyers in England. Sorry to hear that you had your fingers burnt. Many people lose money in property deals in Bulgaria and other foreign jurisdictions.

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:41 pm

Stara Planina have been around for a very long time so are probably as reliable as most. There are a ton of agents in VT though.

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:14 pm

I used one in VT a while back but cannot remember the name. If anyone finds my marbles, please let me know.

millomgirl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby millomgirl » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:03 pm

I sold a house with Stara Planina a few years ago, and used their Notary, without any problems.

borntolaze

Postby borntolaze » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:39 am

I also bought and sold my house through 'Stara Planina' in VT...found them to be a really good company.

heatseeker

Advice and comments

Postby heatseeker » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:25 am

Thanks for the advice and supportive comments.

I guess I will try Stara Planina.

Also looking for a reliable translator/helper if anyone knows one as mine has left for UK - now there's an irony!

Does anyone know why I don't get notified of replies? I do check the 'notify' box. Only looked here by chance as I thought I had had no replies.

Thanks again.

heatseeker

PROPERTY VALUE

Postby heatseeker » Sun May 15, 2016 8:55 am

Does anyone have an idea how to judge the value of one's property? In my case, certainly not according to what I put in!

It is two houses on the same plot, both liveable in immediately and I will leave beds, wardrobes, cookers etc. Excellent location in terms of view and in a good, safe village close to VT with no dodgey neighbours. Well, not nearby, that is. We do have the usual coffee shop layabouts and morning rakia snorters, including the voda meister.

How will I work out an asking price which is realistic without cutting my own throat (which Bulgaria has often made me feel like doing in a non-metaphorical sense).

Thanks for any ideas/advice.

mdewey

Postby mdewey » Mon May 16, 2016 8:44 am

If you can read cyrillic then the best place is probably imot.bg; enter your 'mestopolozhenie' (or click on region displayed on map), press the 'prodazhbi' button and Bob's your auntie's live-in lover.

They also have a valuation function, 'kolko struva moyat imot?'

Painter
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Painter » Mon May 16, 2016 3:32 pm

Why don't you approach a few property sellers and get them to do a valuation. Then make up your own mind on what sounds like a realistic asking price. You are probably well aware that everyone is looking for a bargain so think about what would be your absolute rock bottom price and then add extra money so that the sales negotiations are not too stressful.

And as medewey has already suggested imot.bg is an excellent site to check out because it is where Bulgarians sell their property and it gives a truer picture of what is being asked. I have also heard that Stara Planina are very good.

Even if you don't get offered what you want, you must think about the consequences of leaving a house full of goodies unattended and a quick sale ( if there is such a thing in Bg) is the most desirable outcome.

Return to “Property Buying/Selling Advice”