NEW LEGISLATION

Need advice from fellow purchasers or sellers? Ask the experts here and swap experiences.

Moderator: Moderator

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:54 am

EGN is for citizens, ie Bulgarians. Resident foreigners, ie non-citizens get a LNCh.

Ibizabum
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

BULSTAT registration cost

Postby Ibizabum » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:19 am

We bought our apartment in January and paid in full, therefore we own the property now. Our solicitor, who we paid at the time, now wants to do this for us at a cost of 100 euro.

Is this the normal price, or is there some way to do it cheaper. How much would an accountant cost to do this?

Hope someone can help.

Cheers
:lol:

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:26 am

Are you submitting a nil return ? If so 200 leva is a lot. I think your representatives in BG are taking the opportunity of your distance to overcharge you.

They probably figure that you are filthy rich and will not notice that you are paying 200 Leva for something that is worth 20. After all what is a zero between friends ?

Maybe you should just put this down as part of the cost iof beingan absentee landlord. I am sure tha Arab sheikhs whoi have those hunting estates in Scotland have similar problems.
Last edited by scot47 on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ibizabum
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Ibizabum » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:56 am

We have yet to get the keys of the apartment, just paid for it at the start as we got a discount. So, its not even open to rent out until February, so defo a nil!

Does anyone know of someone who can do this in Bansko, where the apartment is situated?

Cheers

Ibizabum
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Ibizabum » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:49 pm

So, has anyone been fined yet????

We only found out about this about two weeks ago (by the solicitor who we used to purchase the apartment back in January), which is after the deadline anyway?

Do you think we'll get fined if we do it around 27 December when we are in Bulgaria?

Cheers

imcneill
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby imcneill » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:22 pm

Having just become aware of this BULSTAT issue via this forum, I sent an enquiry off to my Sofia based Lawyer, who I used when buying my apartment in June of 2005.

His reply was that the BULSTAT does NOT affect any foreign national who bought prior to the date of inception of the BULSTAT law, 8th or so of Aug 2005 (I can't recall the exact date).

I did specifically mention to him that there was a general interpretation on this forum that foreigners who bought property in Bulgaria prior to Aug 2005 had 3 months in which to register, or face a fine. His response was that the registration within 3 months rule related to

"natural persons who are social insurers (i.e. who are obligated to pay social security payments for their workers in Bulgaria)"

he went on to specifically stated that the 3-month rule did not relate to foreign citizens who bought property prior to the date the law came into affect.

My lawyer is from a highly reputable firm from Sofia, and so I am satisfied based on his advice that I have no need to register with the BULSTAT.

Regards

Ian

Return to “Property Buying/Selling Advice”