BANSKO: Central or on the outskirts?

Need advice from fellow purchasers or sellers? Ask the experts here and swap experiences.

Moderator: Moderator

KenMT

BANSKO: Central or on the outskirts?

Postby KenMT » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:50 pm

Hi everyone...

Have been going through this forum the past few days, found it very interesting and helpful and decided to join.

Like some or most people here, my intention is to buy a property, keep it for a few years (at least 5) and hopefully sell it when the time is right (if it will ever be).

From what Ive read, Bansko seems to be the safest bet, so I'm already a bit inclined to get something there. Now my question is:

Shall I pay appx 50kE for a studio flat in a prime area, or pay less than that for a 1 or 2 bedroom apt some mins away from the peak area?

My priority is to sell after a few years, maybe rent it out meanwhile, but not as my second or holiday home.

Regards to everyone.
Kenneth

hugh569ggl

Postby hugh569ggl » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:35 pm

Hi KenMT

From what you have said it is fairly obvious you have not yet been to Bansko or possibly even Bulgaria at all. The advice has to be that before you do anything, go there. This is particularly true with Bansko. I was shocked at the developement that is going on in the area. You may just find your 1or2 bedroom apartment is a few miles not mins away from the ski slopes. Furthermore, I just can't foresee where sufficient punters are going to come from to make the place pay.

But I still wish you luck with your venture.

Regards

Hugh

KenMT

Postby KenMT » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:46 pm

Thanks Hugh...

I've actually been twice to Bulgaria, but never to Bansko. I just decided about this location based on reviews I've read over the internet.

So I take it that your conclusion would be better get a small place close to the slopes rather than a bigger one mins/miles away....

Also, am I right if I say that Bansko is likely to be the top skiing (and Golf ??) location in Bulgaria compared to Pamporovo, Borovets and Aleko?

Thanks again.
Kenneth

hugh569ggl

Postby hugh569ggl » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:01 pm

Hi again Ken

It will certainly be the biggest!

I've been to Borovets and Pamporovo, much more compact. Not been to Aleko, in fact I don't even know where it is, so I can't comment on that location at all.

But as always, everyones perception different. And you pays your money and you takes your choice.

Regards

Hugh

KenMT

Postby KenMT » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:08 pm

Thanks a lot Hugh.

Ken

paulmurphy03

Postby paulmurphy03 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:23 am

i bought in Aspen Golf, its 3km from bansko. I loved the town when i was over there but i think its going to get a bit developed

I think if you are a few minutes away, you ill benefit from the facilities but also get a bit of breathing space

nagus
<b>Property Sales/Rentals</b>

bansko?

Postby nagus » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:18 am

hi been living over here for 6 months now , my personal preference was for somthing old/ traditional/ dilapidated! in a village six miles from Bansko . Bansko and surrounding areas are a great place to live or invest hope what ever decision you take regarding investment turns out right for you.

KenMT

Postby KenMT » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:12 pm

Cheers Paul and Nagus......

I'm sure the place is lovely and I agree, I'd prefer a place slightly away from the hustle and bustle...But my intention is neither to live nor to spend long periods there...I just intend to hold to it for a few years and sell it after that; hence my question re location..

Thanks.
Ken

Return to “Property Buying/Selling Advice”