best area to buy for skiing

Need advice from fellow purchasers or sellers? Ask the experts here and swap experiences.

Moderator: Moderator

brammy

best area to buy for skiing

Postby brammy » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:28 am

Hi all you skiers / boarders out there,

We are currently looking to buy property in BG to use as a holiday home for both skiing and summer use. We originally started looking around the Sandanski area which would give us access to mainly Bansko, but after spending some time reading page after page on which resort is best, i'm now wondering if we are looking in the right area. Has Bansko grown too quick?

From what I read and see on TV programs about the amount of buildings going up at an alarming rate, will the mountain be able to cope with the numbers of skiers, or will the lift queues be very lenghty? I know there are more runs there than Borovets or Pamporovo but doubts are creeping in.

Has anybody else bought property somewhere where they have good access to all three of the most well known resorts, which in my mind would be around Velingrad / Pazardzik area.

Maybe I'm living in fantasy land but what a place to live! Fantastic views of the snow covered mountains, get up in the morning, load the car and drive to the slopes, spend the day practising those long carving turns then drive home again. In the summer time, laze around in the fruit laden garden, gazing at the green mountains just waiting for the snow to arrive to start the whole cycle again.

If you've made that dream come true, Please!!!! help me to do the same. :roll:

Brammy

chubb

Postby chubb » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:07 am

Hi Brammy

We bought an apartment actually in Borovets after my husband spent a week looking @ all the resorts. His feelings regarding Bansko were exactly the same as yours. The apartment is wonderful but what's even better is that he fell in love with a small 2 bed chalet with balcony etc etc in a tiny village in a valley some 15km from Borovets. Only a couple of miles from Lake Iska, fruit tree's in the garden, mountain views !! If we had been REALLY sensible we would have stuck with the apartment but do u know what ? We are looking forward to spending our summer hols in this little chalet more than anything !!

Jaybee
<b>Property Developer</b>

Postby Jaybee » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:27 am

Hi

we are developing a small off-plan apartment complex in a village Madjare about 7 miles from Borovets and 11 from Samokov. It is a stunning location with views of the river Iskar and in the next village Beli Iskae there is a small ski run. Our idea was like yours for summer and winter use and close to the resort and town but with a fab view of mountains river and pine. If you want more info pm me as I do not want to seem like I am marketing.

brammy

Postby brammy » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:44 am

Hi Chubb,

Thanks for your reply, your apartment sounds ideal for the slopes but the chalet sounds even better. We considered the apartment approach and whilst it is not ruled out completely, we have opted for the house / villa.
How is the driving over there ?, are the roads to the resort kept clear throughout the winter ?.
OOOH i'm so jealous, I'll have push along with the viewing trip ASAP

Brammy

brammy

Postby brammy » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:05 am

Hi Jaybee,

Thanks for your reply also,

As i have mentioned in my reply to Chubb, whilst we have not ruled out the apartment option, at present we are looking at Houses / villas in the vicinity of Borovets. I would PM but i don't have enough posts as yet, when i do i will.
We have looked at Samokov and it is an area well worth investigating more.
Regards
Brammy

brammy

Postby brammy » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:12 am

P.S Everyone,

I know that my original topic should have been in the skiing section but I engaged finger on post button before engaging brain. :oops: Anyway there are two plus sides to getting it wrong.
1. lots more folks seem to use this setion of the forum.
2. 1 more post

Regards

Brammy

chubb

Postby chubb » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:56 pm

Brammy

We were over there just before xmas when they had had a few feet of snow and there were no problems with the roads.

Obviously, the smaller village lanes can be difficult but the villagers themselves tend to keep these relatively clear - just make sure you invest in a nice big shovel. As long as you are not too far from a main road you should be ok !

BVB
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby BVB » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:34 am

Brammy if you don't mind the 30-40 min drive to the ski runs you might want to check out the villas around Iskar lake. That way you could use your house diring the summer for beach holidays and in winter for skiing.
Dolna Banya near Borovetz is also an interesting alternative. It has thermal springs and supposedly a nice golf course is being developed there. I actually saw villa complex advertised that offered the villas together with membership to an international chain of golf courses and they come with water directly from the thermal springs for the outdoor pools. It would be nice to come back from a day on the ski pistes to that.
Another place that you should check before buying is Shiroka Luka - an authentic and picturesque Rhodopi village 14 kms good road to Pamporovo. Very beautiful area.

brammy

Postby brammy » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:33 am

Hi BVB,
I'll certainly put those places on the ever growing list of recommended places to visit on my 1st viewing trip, Iskar Lake has been mentioned several times now and I think we'll take a longer look around there.
The golf clubs are confined to the cupboard under the stairs but you never know, the better half might let me take them out one day!.
Thanks for the info, it's nice to have help from people who have been out and actually seen these places 1st hand.
Regards
Brammy

christinedavid

Property near to skiing

Postby christinedavid » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:55 am

Hi Brammy
We bought a chalet in Govedartsi (about 20 mins drive from Borovets) and have just finished doing it up. It was fairly easy to organise and we now have a wonderful chalet for a fraction of the price inFrance/Italy.
We also bought another house in the same village with a view to renovating it. We subsequently decided to buy an apartment in the Flora complex in Borovets and so are looking to sell the second house. It needs a lot of work doing to it but has great potential.
If you'd like some morte information please PM me.
Regards
Christine David

Return to “Property Buying/Selling Advice”