New registration for companys

Confused? Hopefully less so after you have read this lot!

Moderator: Moderator

saucysal

New registration for companys

Postby saucysal » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:23 pm

Been informed today by my advocate.new registration have to be made for managers of companys.option1.if you are resident.not problem.option 2.new registration if foreigner with company.and you can get Bulgarian neighbour or friend for your contact.90 euros.you have to have correct paper work and visit notary.or advocate able to do work for you.190.euros.i may not have this all correct.is there anyone else out there that can enlighten me more on this subject.please.many thanks.sal

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Re: New registration for companys

Postby mememe » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:32 pm

Surely you can get any additional information about this, including links to some sources, from your advocate/lawyer, the person who first told you about it? Then perhaps when he/she has clarified it, then you can come back and clarify it here.

That would be the best move, IMHO, rather than relying on the (probable) tittle-tattle that will more than likely appear here, on this now under-populated forum.....

My bit of tittle-tattle is that I've heard nothing about this... :-)

ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:20 pm

Something strange here - nobody that I have contacted knows anything about this. What is happening at the moment is that non-profit organisations have to reregister, these are NOT non-trading companies but are essentially charities
It really sounds to me as though your contact doesn't understand the difference between the two. Non-trading companies had to reregister a few years ago along with active companies.

varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnagirl » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:02 am

It has been mentioned on F/B pages...one person paid 600lv to do this....... "a knowledgable Bulgarian " looked into it and said we had to do nothing if resident !

ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:03 pm

And, of course, everyone believes everything they read on FB - the biggest purveyor of fake news that there is!
I have heard nothing about it, and I would have expected my accountant to tell me as every year I organise accounts for people who live in the UK.
I have checked the brra website and can see nothing about it.
I have also spoken to several other people who act as agents for company owners who live in the UK and they have heard nothing.
I have also spoen to my 'knowledgable' Bulgarian who knows nothing about it - in fact he was in our local tax office last week and was not told anything about it. He is going to make further enquiries though, now that I have told him what is being said, and will get back to me. Meanwhile his advice is to do nothing.
Commercial companies were reregistered a few years ago, and I can't see that it makes any difference where the owners live, so long as accounts are submitted every year - the representative or contact is the accountant.
My own opinion is that some 'knowledgable' Bulgarian has confused 'non-trading' companies with 'non-profit' organisations (charities) which do have to be reregistered this year.
Either that or it's a scam - 600 leva a time is not bad money!
This is just my opinion though - please do not post it on FB as fact!

varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnagirl » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:21 pm

dont need to be belittled on here ChrisF

you aint in the classroom now gal...you aving a bad day........

ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:53 pm

I have asked several people I have known for a long time and who I trust - they haven't heard of any changes in the law.
I looked on the Companies Registry site - nothing.
I also looked on the Bulgarian government website - again nothing
Finally I emailed the British Consul, this is the reply -

In terms of companies owned by EU nationals who are not residents in Bulgaria and own property, we haven’t heard of any changes in the law, including the requirement to name a Bulgarian representative. If we hear about any changes, I will let you know.

All companies had to be reregistered in 2010 to ensure that they complied with European law, so companies registered before that date should now comply said law, and companies registered after this date should certainly be OK.
As I have said before, I know that non-profit organisations have to be reregistered now as they are being incorporated into the Companies' Register, but nobody I know is aware of any other changes, and I cannot find anything on relevant websites so until I have some concrete evidence I'm not going to spend any more time on it.

varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnagirl » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:32 pm

"" Finally I emailed the British Consul, this is the reply -""

strange as the info i sent you was from a guy who worked for the Embassy ,now relocated,...but hey ho..what the heck..... :)

varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnagirl » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:33 pm

"" Finally I emailed the British Consul, this is the reply -""

strange as the info i sent you was from a guy who worked for the Embassy ,now relocated,...but hey ho..what the heck..... :)

JetJem

Postby JetJem » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:19 pm

Just caught up with this subject on here.
I too was informed by my accountant that any BG home owner needed to appoint an BG citizen as a contact for their company.
I almost got an the plane to set this up but realised I was too late anyway, informed after the final registration date. I then asked a BG friend to look into it for me, and they were told that it was in a state of flux so best to do it, but then later told just to hang on.
I’ve heard nothing more!!
So here we are in the same situation, where the hell do these stories come from?

I assume nothing more has been heard?

Return to “Visas, Residency & Registration”