police registration - latest updates!

Confused? Hopefully less so after you have read this lot!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
manxscousers
Super User!
Super User!

Postby manxscousers » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:06 pm

We left Varna airport about ten days ago without registering for our stay. After the officer handed my passport back I asked him "Has Police Registration completely finished now?" and he said yes with a smile. So I guess that's it.
Jim

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
AJ113
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby AJ113 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:53 pm

Looking at this objectively, if you don't register, what are the risks? What are the possible consequences? Has anyone on the forum experienced any negativity due to non-registration?

All this talk of whther the practice is law or not is moot if there are no known consequences to non-registration.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
cazpaul
Super User!
Super User!

Postby cazpaul » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:45 pm

No idea aj but il let u know after easter.we arnt going to register and see what happens

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
AJ113
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby AJ113 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:37 pm

Well for the first time ever I didn't register last week when I was BG, and guess what happened? Nothing! ...and this was in the near-police state of the Dobrich municipality!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Royboy

Postby Royboy » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:43 pm

I have been travelling to and from Bulgaria on a regular basis for over two and a half years and when I first rented an apartment the landlord registered me. I have never done it since....and I have never been stopped.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Slaphead
Pig Headed

Postby Slaphead » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:15 pm

I think we'll play it safe and try to register even though on our last visits we didn't and there were no problems on leaving BG.
However, I'm not sure what the situation would have been if we had somehow been involved with the Police, due an accident or robbery for example and weren't registered.
As we intend to come over for good in May, we want to make sure we get it right. Unless of course the Embassy respond and let us know what the requirements are post Jan 2007.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
royeun

Postby royeun » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:18 pm

I am relieved to hear that AJ113 well relieved.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tony

Postby Tony » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:29 pm

Anyone from the Bourgas/Pomorie not had to register??

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tedthered
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby tedthered » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:06 pm

Just got back from Bg, our appartment is in Ravda so we register in Sunny Beach police station, went to register last Friday and they ripped the documents up in front of us saying no more registration, so that is definite for Bourgas region, also we flew Manchester to Varna and there was no problems we were not asked for any documentation other than passports.

Cheers

Ted the Red

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:09 am

The first guests of the season in our B&B did not register. According to Shumen 'Otdel Migratsiya' in the Police Station it is now voluntary for citizens of EU States.

So our first British guests did not register. And they left without any problems. Long may this continue.

Mind you the Police in Shumen say that registration is 'recommended but not obligatory' ! You can tell that they are not happy about giving up this power over people.

Return to “Visas, Residency & Registration”