police registration - latest updates!

Confused? Hopefully less so after you have read this lot!

Moderator: Moderator

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:34 am

Only EU citizens are now exempt from registration! Other foreign nationals still need to register. Penalties are severe for those who do not.

ERICAANDJOHN

Postby ERICAANDJOHN » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:29 pm

Hi All,

Hope its okay to ask here? when you get to Bulgaria do you still have to go and report you arrival at the local police station?

I am going to be reregistering the company and bringing the books up to date has anyone got a list of things that I need to bring to do this, as we have left it up to Bulgarian Properties to do for us for the last couple of years.

Thanks for all your help

bigbulg
<b>Legal Services</b>

Postby bigbulg » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:37 pm

Simply NO you dont have to register, like in the times "pre EU" unless you plan to stay over 90 days, but even then i wouldn't bother.
As for the re-registering etc etc remember to bring the original company docs. if its non trading I cant see it being difficult.

wandy
<b>Building Services</b>

Postby wandy » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:18 am

Have lived here full time for nearly two years now, last week for the 1st time we had the police turn up and ask for all our documents, passports, long term residency permits, bulstadt cards, co. formation etc.
When asked "Why?"
They replied it was formality.
The question is has anyone else experienced this recently??

lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:24 am

bigbulg wrote:Simply NO you dont have to register, like in the times "pre EU" unless you plan to stay over 90 days, but even then i wouldn't bother.
As for the re-registering etc etc remember to bring the original company docs. if its non trading I cant see it being difficult.

You still have to register if you are on a non-EU passport!

JerBil
Super User!
Super User!

Postby JerBil » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:29 am

Not going to argue that it is necessary but it only takes a couple of minutes and you may as well do it, particularly if you don't have id cards.

Registering with the police enabled us to get a phone installed with btk (i.e. they asked us for the document, don't flame please as I am sure others haven't had to) prior to us applying for id cards.

Actually, id cards don't take that long to get either, from immigration, and you don't need to demonstrate (we didn't need to demonstrate) that you are really a permanent resident, only show company is operative, that you have a property and provide them with passports, it is something you can do in less than a week.

yankv8
Super User!
Super User!

police check at house

Postby yankv8 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:06 am

Hi All,
We've been living here a year now and last week the local police asked for us up the Mayor's office,an introduction and passports shown and question's like...what are you going to do for work ? and that was that...............

This week a knock on the door and we were visited by the 'emmigration police' accompanied by the Mayor,who asked us if we had registered and why not?said we thought we didn't need too !Anyway we have an appointment at 10 am Monday at the emmigration office in Haskovo,we need to take passport's,company doc's,medical insurance,bank details,house docs basicly everything,dont know if we'll be fined or anything but assured everything is ok and we should have then an I.D card and or resident's permit ?????!!!
I would think anyone who has 'started living here' will be having a visit as 'holiday visits' will not need this.....and the Mayor would know if your telling porky's... :) 8)

beamer
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Documents

Postby beamer » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:03 pm

Medical insurance is a waste of time now,you will get no ID card with these,you need to get a EUROPEAN HEALTH INSURANCE CARD..Available from Department Work and Pensions

good luck

welsh-Vi
Super User!
Super User!

Postby welsh-Vi » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:27 pm

Regarding the EHIC... I thought that those residing in BG on a permanent basis can not use them. Aren`t they just for those `holidaying` in BG ? :?:

Anni
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Anni » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:42 pm

This is a good link for info on use of the EHIC.

It states quite categorically you can not use it to obtain healthcare abroad.

http://www.nhs.uk/Movingabroad/Pages/Livingabroad.aspx

Beamer, could you please elaborate as your post infers to me that you can obtain healthcare as a resident with the EHIC.

Return to “Visas, Residency & Registration”