Re-new UK passport

Confused? Hopefully less so after you have read this lot!

Moderator: Moderator

MOONLIGHT

Postby MOONLIGHT » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:04 pm

THANKS VARNAGIRL.
so you dont have a permanent address in UK? , just told them you did.
Am over in may, hopefully Travel Lodge will vouch for me!
Thanks again.

Liliana

Postby Liliana » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:06 pm

varnagirl wrote:they send to the address where you will be staying the forms and your confirmation of appointment

when you go for your appointment you need to take a letter from the person you are staying with to state you are resident at that address for the time you are in UK

I did the same last May but made bit of a boobie. My son rang and made the appointment and gave his address but I put my parents address on the form. I only realised at the last minute but they just wafted it away and said (in English) 'no problem'!

Didn't wait the 4 hours as it was raining in Liverpool and got very bored so returned after 2 1/2 and it was ready and waiting... Also had the photos done at the passport office which cost 5 pound.

Really fast and safe way to do it if you can get cheap flights and it does give you a short visit to see family :lol:

Anni
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Anni » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:08 pm

MOONLIGHT wrote:hopefully Travel Lodge will vouch for me!

You are joking aren't you moonlight? Haven't you got a family member who can vouch for you?

Liliana

Postby Liliana » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:18 pm

I do remember reading on the passport office website that you need someone to vouch for you but I think they just need a UK post code to send the forms to.

As I said they didn't care less that the address on the letter was totally different than the one on the application form. That is only what happened to me though. In fact, they seemed rather laid back about the whole thing. I actually made a small error on the form and was ready to re-do it and again I was told 'the form looks fine see you later'.

Anni is right though, a family member or even a friend with a post code and you shouldn't have a problem.

pollypepper

Re- new UK passport

Postby pollypepper » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:34 pm

Liliana You only need to have someone vouch for you if its a first time passport.
You have to return your old passport This is a must as we did not do this and they would not issue a new one without the old Passport.
You do not need a UK address just your address in Bulgaria and a phone number.
We applied in November of last year for a Passport for a young persons Passport to a Full Passport. As our son was over 18 years then.
Dont worry it no problem

varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnagirl » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:41 pm

MOONLIGHT wrote:THANKS VARNAGIRL.
so you dont have a permanent address in UK? , just told them you did.

Thanks again.

hi
no i dont have an address in uk.... and i told them when i rang for an appointment the address i was giving them was a friends where i was staying for a few days only..... they said in their eyes that was fine as i was resident in the UK .." at time of renual "...hence the letter of conformation from whom i was staying with...they were aware i lived in Bg

if anyone is going to do it this way...i would suggest you make the call to the office for your appointment ,as they open on the day in question ...makes it more likely for you to get the day and time you want

and as an after thought ...when you give your documents in ...state you want your old passport back when you pick up the new one ( you,ll need it in BG )..else they sometimes post it on ...afterwards !
Last edited by varnagirl on Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MOONLIGHT

Postby MOONLIGHT » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:44 pm

Hey there.
Of course joking!
But will add...
The passport asks for YOUR PERMANENT address.
I dont wish my family to be responsible for me falsely completing an official form, nor have to worry about any comebacks.
As a BG resident i declared here as my only residence.
It is less costly, and correctly completed, by not incurring the cost of flights( and the fact Mrs moonlight will be shopping!)
Thanks all for your input.
regards and dimdams.

pollypepper

Re- new UK passport

Postby pollypepper » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:37 pm

Im confused why if you live in Bg do you need a UK address. Sorry Im thinking that you could want someone to think you live in the UK or have I read this wrong ????
Cannot understand some of the stuff here .
Have I missed some thing ???.
Im sure all they want to know is where to send your Passport back to ?

Anni
Super User!
Super User!

Re: Re- new UK passport

Postby Anni » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:23 pm

pollypepper wrote:Im confused why if you live in Bg do you need a UK address. Sorry Im thinking that you could want someone to think you live in the UK or have I read this wrong ????
Cannot understand some of the stuff here .
Have I missed some thing ???.
Im sure all they want to know is where to send your Passport back to ?

I think there are two discussion going on pollypepper:
1) How to get a UK passport while in BG and not leaving BG
2) How to get a UK passport by flying to the UK to get it

You only need a UK address if doing 2).

MOONLIGHT

passport renewal

Postby MOONLIGHT » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:13 pm

A word of caution for those who choose to renew their UK passport from BG, by post, to the Dusseldorf office.
If you are intending to pay with a Bulgarian debit card, first check that the payment will be honoured by your bank! Just had mine refused by Procredit Bank. If you have a UK credit or debit card, no problem.

regards

Return to “Visas, Residency & Registration”