Visas and Residency_ From Jan 1st 2007

Confused? Hopefully less so after you have read this lot!

Moderator: Moderator

nikjf1974
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby nikjf1974 » Tue May 19, 2009 11:55 am

Ok thanks

But I am considering going to get the ID card this is what I am worried about, as have been here so long, do I tell them I haven't been here that long or just say was I unsure as we are all in the EU. Because it seems only UK citizens have this problem, so I have read, because the UK hasn't dropped the 90 day limit for Bulgarians. I would have never known about ID cards and registering if a friend hadn't mentioned it.

Also if I do register, my other problem is the fact the company is in my husbands name and he in UK for sometime, will this be a problem for me?

The other thing is just not to bother and wait till I return next year.

doyler79
Super User!
Super User!

Postby doyler79 » Tue May 19, 2009 12:23 pm

But I am considering going to get the ID card this is what I am worried about, as have been here so long, do I tell them I haven't been here that long or just say was I unsure as we are all in the EU. Because it seems only UK citizens have this problem, so I have read, because the UK hasn't dropped the 90 day limit for Bulgarians. I would have never known about ID cards and registering if a friend hadn't mentioned it.

Also if I do register, my other problem is the fact the company is in my husbands name and he in UK for sometime, will this be a problem for me?

The other thing is just not to bother and wait till I return next year.

these are all personal choices but I would go with waiting until you return next time

shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Wed May 20, 2009 12:45 pm

leedarkwood wrote:Mandy this seems now to only apply to people coming to Bulgaria from a non EU country, as of the Ist of this month. Otherwise you are correct.

Lee

Sofia Echo. May 11th and May 15th issues state that the Bulgarian Governments fast access Visa system for non EU Nationals who own property is reaping results

7RED
Super User!
Super User!

Postby 7RED » Thu May 21, 2009 8:47 pm

Hi,

I don't want to scare any of you good folks, however.........

My wife,(who is Bg) and I are now living in Bg, she has lived abroad for the last 8/9 years or so and for her to re-register for her health benefits she has had to prove that she wasn't living here and not dodging paying her due's.

So off she went to the police station and they printed her entry and exits from where she has been in the last 9 years, the document was 4 pages.

Just be aware that even if your passport is not stamped you will have been scanned.

For my 5 year residency I applied on Monday and picked up the card on Wednesday, no hassle no problem.

7red

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:13 am

I've just come back from Bulgaria and whilst there obtained my long-term residency card. Being from the EU, it is a white card with no photo.

For people's information, I did at the main police station in Pernik. The migration officer, who spoke no English, was extremely helpful, even supplying me with the actual address of my in-the-sticks house, which no one seemed previously to have been able to do.

I had to show/provide the following:

1.Application form, (charged 50 stotinki for this) completed in English.
2. The original deeds of my house.
3. A print-out of my company registration details. (Here, he tried to tell me that I would have to go into Sofia and get an official notarised copy, but when I told him it could now be checked via the internet, he went off and did this).
4. Passport and copy of passport.
5. EHIC (European Health Insurance Card - a plastic card).

I then popped off to the bank and a paid 7 leva tax - and after a 30-minute wait he opened the window and gave me my card,which, incidentally runs for exactly 5 years, even beyond the validity of my EHIC insurance card. (My passport is valid to 2015).

Hope people may perhaps find this info useful.

leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:29 am

Were you asked to select what grounds you had for residency? The list of documents usually depends on what reason you give for living here.

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:41 am

Hi Leedarkwood!

I think you're quite right - but giving him the copy of my house deeds and company registration probably gave him a clue.....

Most likely interpreted as just living there with independent means? Didn't need to show any bank account details though, despite having one....

leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:25 am

We registered on the grounds of self employment and didn't have to show any house deeds, indeed we didn't have any at the time!

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:34 am

Yes, I think that people may find that the rules and requirements might well vary depending on where you go and maybe which individual official deals with you..

The answer is to go armed with everything that you think they could possibly ask for - all with triplicated copies....!! :lol:

Normally living in Russia, I find this very 'homely'... :D

Pam

renewing LNC

Postby Pam » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:02 am

My LNC needs renewing in April 10. I was only issued with a 3 year card originally, as my passport runs out at that time, too. Does anyone know the current paperwork needed for this in the Gabrovo, or any other, area?

I thought I'd get prepared early, if possible.

Thanks, Pam.

Return to “Visas, Residency & Registration”