The My Bulgaria Visa Guide

Confused? Hopefully less so after you have read this lot!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jewels

long term stay

Postby jewels » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:40 am

Thank you for the link on long stay cerificates
I gave our lawyer a copy, which he took to the police station in Burgas
We have just received a call from our lawyer telling us what the burgas police station have told him we have to supply for long term stay

Although they have had these details 5 times over the last 2 years
we still have to get all our documents translated again, notorised again including an 8 page legal document from uk, this is translated already notarised stamp October 2006, they say has to be translated again with new stamp. Declarations from my husband to say he will "take care" of me and family etc in bulgarian and notorised
I understand we need copies of marriage, birth certificates etc
plus house, company documents, but why do we now need exactly the same as we did prior to joining te EU

I understand each area is asking for differant documents, but it seems in Burgas they havent changed the criteria at all

Any help, suggestions, advice

Jules

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
kathy2
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

The My Bulgaria Visa Guide

Postby kathy2 » Tue May 22, 2007 8:27 am

thank you - thats really clear and useful
does anyone have experience of the police/immigration office in Targovishte?
kathy2

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
solospain
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

90 days and all that

Postby solospain » Tue May 22, 2007 9:16 am

Just got back from BG again, and at no time was my passport stamped or scanned, in or out. So it looks like they are not to worried about the 90 day rule.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
emski

Postby emski » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:00 pm

Thank you very much for the information, it has put our minds at rest.

Baz & Em

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
kathy2
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

5 year residency

Postby kathy2 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:49 am

i just got my 5 year residency - i took an hour at Targovishte police station - i had to show my passport and the deeds to the house - and it cost 14 leva. i'm so glad i didn't do all the D class visa stuff last year
kathy

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sophette

Postby sophette » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:44 pm

just thought i'd share the experience of getting residents permits which we received last week. we had old litchna cartas, and we were required to show the deeds to the house, a bank statement (on the basis of being self supporting), passports and health insurance. the latter was the most awkward, simply because we had to trail around stara zagora trying to find a private company that would insure us. incidently, i enquired at the police station as to whether an e111 (or whatever it is now) would have been sufficient and the response was yes. we just wanted to get the document bit over with, and thought private health cover would be no bad thing. the process seems much simpler than the old "d" type visas. however, i am sure there is a chance that each persons experience will differ, depending on where you go and who you get!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:04 pm

E111 is now EHIC. If you don't have one you will need to get private health insurance. Well that is the law. Whether it is asked for in all offices is another question.
Last edited by scot47 on Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
hoover
Super User!
Super User!

Hello

Postby hoover » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:37 pm

Hi Everyone
with a d visa i can come and go as much as i like is this correct as i dont what to be resident in bulgaria just yet but would like to spend more than 3 months at a time
please pm me with some info
thanks
mike

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
nitwit
Super User!
Super User!

entry ,and stay ,visa information

Postby nitwit » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:32 am

i have been asked by a friend to look on this information topic for current stay periods ,as this topic does not seem to have been updated for some time i am wondering if all the information is still current ,i understand its a head bang against the wall task to get prise correct information from the oppoprate departments but i am wondering if you or any one has the current state of play

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:31 am

As far as we are aware (after some research) the information on the Visa Guide page remains correct.

http://www.mybulgaria.info/information- ... ia-64.html

Starting at the top, go to the boxes that apply to you (or your friend), then read the relevant information sections beneath as directed. The 90 day rule in six months appears to still be valid and is described fully on that page.

Mod 8)

Return to “Visas, Residency & Registration”