The My Bulgaria Visa Guide

Confused? Hopefully less so after you have read this lot!

Moderator: Moderator

lyonkin

Postby lyonkin » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:00 am

HI to all

can i make MULTPILE visits without a VISA

say 10 visits a year ?

Cheers Lyonkin

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:03 am

Hi lyonkin, the answer is quite simply YES - providing your visits do NOT add up to more than 90 days in any six months.

:wink: 8)

lyonkin

Postby lyonkin » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:12 am

THANKYOU MOD WONDERFUL!!!!!!

Lyonkin

vall74

not for eu citizens

Postby vall74 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:38 pm

90 days in 6 months limit doesn't apply to EU citizens. The only law that apply to eu citizens can be found here: http://www.mvr.bg/NR/rdonlyres/66562F86 ... STS_BG.pdf

MOD

Postby MOD » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:49 pm

Hi vall74, if that is correct we need to have the document translated so that the majority of British can read it for themselves. Any volunteers out there who would like to have a go? :lol:

8)

nitwit
Super User!
Super User!

entry periods or not

Postby nitwit » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:00 am

hi mod
thank you for your efforts information,my friend is most concerned about not flaunting the BG law and is happy to comply ,but as he says comply with that????????and when ?and how ? ,so now it seems there is yet another change that no one knows about ,when o when will the bulgarian officals get it in their head its no good declaring law requirements and changes in bulgarian tex to european people ,which part of we do not understand do they not understand ,i am aquanted with brits who are of the illusion that they speak ,read ,and understand Bulgarian and this may be so for the average daily encounter ,but for the understanding of legal requirements that is entirely another matter ,so once again i am more confused than before i asked the question ,my friend will just after take his chances at the airport ,i darnt advise him in case its wrong [/u]

yankv8
Super User!
Super User!

VISA OR NOT.....NOT

Postby yankv8 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:26 am

I find it takes much longer in BG for new laws,regulations etc to 'catch up' and noone is aware etc,i wouldn't worry about VISA's etc that went 'OUT' in Jan 07 when BG joined the EU and as a EU TRAVELLER you can travell anywhere/work recieve all entitlements AS your native country in the EU.
Haven't had any problems travelling in out of country,sometimes once a week,nipping into Greece to LIDL's shopping and visiting into Turkey as we're so close to these borders.been here a year now permanent,travelling through local police checkpoints regulary too,just need to carry UK passport as you can get into trouble otherwise.
ok ,hope i've answered some worring questions,oh and look down near Harmanli/Svilengrad areas it's absolutely beautiful and close to borders.

steve/linda Varbovo

Oracle

Postby Oracle » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:27 am

MOD wrote: Any volunteers out there who would like to have a go? :lol:

It's not important to work hard, MOD; it's important to work smart! :lol:

http://www.mvr.bg/NR/rdonlyres/8C3CCC42 ... hTS_EN.pdf

Mind, a fairly poor translation job :roll:

MOD

Postby MOD » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:31 am

Thanks, Oracle, for finding that.

Do you believe this to be the most up-to-date issue, and if so what is your interpretation regarding the particular question of visiting/staying in Bulgaria for a maximum of 90 days in six months, specifically for (but not confined to) those from other EU countries?

Oracle

Postby Oracle » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:36 am

It is. Look up the last promulgation date (in italic at the very beginning - 2007, in other words after the date of accession).

Concerning the other question, the answer is here http://www.mfa.bg/en/index.php?option=c ... Itemid=243

Return to “Visas, Residency & Registration”