Passport Requirements

Confused? Hopefully less so after you have read this lot!

Moderator: Moderator

Malkers
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Malkers » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:45 pm

Boy am I glad I just read this. I'm coming over on 15th Sept and my passport runs out in October.

Anybody know how long the passport office are taking for renewals these days?

rosa466
Super User!
Super User!

Postby rosa466 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:49 pm

Malc, i had mine renewed in July and it took a week,
the passport office shouldn`t be too busy as the holiday seasons nearly over, i`d get it done ASAP :D

FISHFISH

Postby FISHFISH » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:04 pm

Our Bulgarian Au Pair travels to and from Bulgaria just using her BG ID Card.... does anybody know if we can just use our UK driving licence instead of a passport:?:

Adolf
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Adolf » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:10 am

In the EEA (that's EU plus Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway) you have the right to travel on a valid national identity card or passport.

As the UK Driving Licence is not a "national identity card" the answer must be no.

benne0

passport renewal

Postby benne0 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:17 am

Hi

if you contact the passport office and book an appointment for fast track service you can get your passport done in a day. If you renew in Bulgaria at the embassy they have to send the passport to Athens and it can take 6/8 weeks

It costs abt 110 pounds but worth it especially when you travel back just for that purpose.

P

Abz

Postby Abz » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:46 pm

Hi,
We renewed passports through the consul in Varna. They were issued in Vienna and took only 2 weeks.
Easy

fredatinsch
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby fredatinsch » Wed May 27, 2009 11:20 am

Please make sure yourself that your passport photo, for renewing, is as required. Don't let the photographer tell you its OK! Just had a call from Dusseldorf, saying our photo's are inadequate. The face must take up nearly all the photo area. You can download a template from the net, this I will take with me tomorrow, when we go for another set of passport photo's! and another twenty leva.

Tonyt

Postby Tonyt » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:18 am

It has just been announced that in September Passport Fee's will be increased
Adults by £5.50 to £77.50
Childs by £3.00 to £49.00..............................Tonyt

Batko
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Batko » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:36 am

fredatinsch wrote:Please make sure yourself that your passport photo, for renewing, is as required. Don't let the photographer tell you its OK! Just had a call from Dusseldorf, saying our photo's are inadequate. The face must take up nearly all the photo area. You can download a template from the net, this I will take with me tomorrow, when we go for another set of passport photo's! and another twenty leva.

Just out of interest, did you still have to have your application and photo countersigned, even if you are just renewing a passport and do they send the old passport back to you with the new one?

cmcnab
Super User!
Super User!
Location: Stenhousemuir,Scotland Omarchevo,Nova Zagora,Bulgaria

Postby cmcnab » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:47 am

as long as you still look like yourself there's no need to have your new photo countersigned ( it does tell you in the notes ), your old passport is returned too (in a seperate envelope).
Craig

Return to “Visas, Residency & Registration”