Do you have any EEA family permit advice?

Confused? Hopefully less so after you have read this lot!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MarkMc
<b>Language Tutor</b>

Postby MarkMc » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:12 pm

re last 5 posts in this thread :
So, I just got back from italy, with my Ukrainian wife travelling only with the ID card stating family member and Ukrainian passport.
From constanta, no problems at the ryanair visa check desk or at the passport control, not even 1 question asked.
Arrving in Italy, also no questions but no entry stamp.
Leaving Pisa, the Passport Officer was going into one. He didnt speak English but started calling everyone, complaning to his colleage then finally stamped us out and said "dont return to Italy" twice in an angry way. Bit my tongue and just said arevederchi in my best English Accent.
In Constanta they also kept us for 10 minutes asking questions, finally I said I worked for the British Council in Varna (my old job) and his face dropped and then let us go.
So, in my experience, if you can get the visa free anyway, youll save yourself a lot of stress by getting it, even if it means 2 trips to Sofia. However, if you feel brave or lucky, give it a go travelling with just the ID card.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:41 pm

MarkMc wrote:re last 5 posts in this thread :
So, I just got back from italy, with my Ukrainian wife travelling only with the ID card stating family member and Ukrainian passport.
From constanta, no problems at the ryanair visa check desk or at the passport control, not even 1 question asked.
Arrving in Italy, also no questions but no entry stamp.
Leaving Pisa, the Passport Officer was going into one. He didnt speak English but started calling everyone, complaning to his colleage then finally stamped us out and said "dont return to Italy" twice in an angry way. Bit my tongue and just said arevederchi in my best English Accent.
In Constanta they also kept us for 10 minutes asking questions, finally I said I worked for the British Council in Varna (my old job) and his face dropped and then let us go.
So, in my experience, if you can get the visa free anyway, youll save yourself a lot of stress by getting it, even if it means 2 trips to Sofia. However, if you feel brave or lucky, give it a go travelling with just the ID card.

Well done, they can pant and pontificate, but if you KNOW the rules, they can do nothing but detain you and pay for it later. :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
hassan786

hi

Postby hassan786 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:47 am

HI
this is my first time here so would any one please guide me in the right direction.
i am a British citizen by birth married to a Pakistani girl in Pakistan.after applying and have had enough of UK immigration we have planned to settle down in Bulgaria.we are married so she is my non EU family member so how shall i proceed for her family permit. i ranged the embassy of Bulgarian in Pakistan and they said that she needs an invitation and have to apply for a visa just like any one else. and she also she will have to pay(which i dont mind but the EU treaty says otherwise).and the lady i spoke to said she does not know anything about EU family members

now the question is what kind of a visa should she apply for and what documents are needed to be submitted.i am planning to go to Pakistan and help her apply for the visa and travel to Bulgaria together or she will meet me there. for the time being i have got a hotel reservation for us for almost a month till we get another rented accommodation.

i am happy to see that most of you have made it but i am at the beginning of this process and could use help from you all who have experience this situation first hand here is where my post is please do care to comment please all your help will be highly appreciated and if possible if you can guide me through this daring process.

i hope to hear from any one of you soon thanks

Return to “Visas, Residency & Registration”