visa info needed re 90-day rule

Confused? Hopefully less so after you have read this lot!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
nikkilord1
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

visa info needed re 90-day rule

Postby nikkilord1 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:02 pm

hi,

me and my boyfriend are working in sunny beach, we have been here nearly 90 days and have to apply for our visa, i think one of the things we need is a bulgarian bank account with 1000 euros in each, we dont have that type of money, our wages are paid into our uk bank to cover bills. if we cant get a visa because of this can we still drive down to turkey and get our passports stamped and then get another 90 days?

can someone please advise us as we have 3 weeks left!

sharon

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Batko
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Batko » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:29 pm

Sharon, you'll find all you need in the stickies. Especially this: http://www.mybulgaria.info/information- ... ia-64.html

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:23 pm

If you are from another EU country (eg UKofGB&NI) then it is not a visa. It is a Long Term Stay Certificate. Check that sticky and all will be clear.
Last edited by scot47 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
doyler79
Super User!
Super User!

visa

Postby doyler79 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:55 pm

crossing the Turkish border and coming straight back will not sort out your visa problem. Its 90 days in a six month period. count back from your last day here to cover the previous six months and ad up the days you have stayed..

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
nikolassss
<b>Property Sales/Building Services</b>

Postby nikolassss » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:17 pm

There are no any rules or law in Bulgaria which ask exact amount and specially 1000 Euro each. They just ask you to have Bulgarian bank account but never ask for min 1000 Euro on it. So no worries I'm sure that if you are not crime person you will have 5 years stay Visa easily for just 2h work in Police station with good interpreter.

Regards: Nick

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:39 pm

you don't need a BG bank account. Just to be able to prove you can support yourself - a credit card would do.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
derek42
Super User!
Super User!

Postby derek42 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:45 pm

Weird question, but how would anyone know your 90 days are up ? We go over the Greek border virtually every month and since Jan 2007 they have stopped putting our details in the computer. Now, its just a quick passport flash and away.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:52 pm

Exactly - the Bulgarian administration decided not to impose reciprocal conditions on British people so unless you want to pay taxes or buy a car (which I'm guessing are not top priority for seasonal workers on sunny beach) then you don't need one.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fruitbat79
Super User!
Super User!

Postby fruitbat79 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:56 pm

I was in Vlas for 6 months last year and needed to the 5 year card thingy. Had to go to bourgas, get the document to fill in by a translator, go back and hand it in with proof of account, health insurance (E111?) pasport. They took copies of what they needed and told me to com back in a few hours. Went back a few hours later, paid 7 lev for the 5 year card.

Only question asked was that i only had 200 levs in my account, so i had to show them my UK bank card.

Funny thing though is that they didn't even ask for the damn thing when I was leaving Varna airport.!!

Regards

FB

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
nikkilord1
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

5 year residency

Postby nikkilord1 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:21 pm

so if i cant get my 5 year res i will have to return to uk? i have been here 90 days at the end of august as i work out here all summer, i dont have 1000 euros each to put into a bulgarian bank a ccount and i cant get my 90 days re newed by crossing the border?

back to sunny uk then!

sharon

Return to “Visas, Residency & Registration”