visa info needed re 90-day rule

Confused? Hopefully less so after you have read this lot!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:30 am

As Matt says Registration is common in many EU countries (as it was in Britain from 1940 to 1951). My advice is go and see the MayVayRay (=MVR or Ministry of the Interior). Or one day you may get a visit from two representatives of the "Organs"!
Last edited by scot47 on Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:35 am

Registration is actually less functional here than it was before. They don't want to see your apartment details so even if they did want to throw you out (or investigate your non payment of tax) they wouldn't be able to find you.

Sadly the BG side has yet to communicate to the Commission http://ec.europa.eu/youreurope/working/taxation/html

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
yankv8
Super User!
Super User!

Postby yankv8 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:08 am

Ok,What about this scenario,What if your living in a Motorhome/Campervan and are travelling around EU states staying in each particular country between 1 and 6 months and sometimes entering non EU states like Turkey/Serbia.
How does the visa work or long term resident permit work?,would you need 1 for every country?is there a way of policing it/keeping up with it?It's getting complicated for my tiny brain :roll: indeed would you need said visa's if staying a month in every country?How do each EU country know how long you've been there? :?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:32 am

Mat wrote:Registration is actually less functional here than it was before. They don't want to see your apartment details so even if they did want to throw you out (or investigate your non payment of tax) they wouldn't be able to find you.

Sofia Echo publication, Buying in Bulgaria. Quote:- EU membership has meant that it is no longer necessary to register yourself or your guests with the police although most hotels will still ask you for your passport upon arrival

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:44 am

Hi shebry, welcome to My Bulgaria!

Whilst what you say is correct, this is not the type of registration we are discussing here. :lol: This topic is looking at registration after residing in BG for more than 90 days, and receiving a longer term permit. This is a different type of registration to the old visitor system where one had to register on arrival at your holiday accommodation.

Mod :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:20 pm

yankv8 wrote:Ok,What about this scenario,What if your living in a Motorhome/Campervan and are travelling around EU states staying in each particular country between 1 and 6 months and sometimes entering non EU states like Turkey/Serbia.
How does the visa work or long term resident permit work?,would you need 1 for every country?is there a way of policing it/keeping up with it?It's getting complicated for my tiny brain :roll: indeed would you need said visa's if staying a month in every country?How do each EU country know how long you've been there? :?

Simple. If the rules in one country say you can only stay for up to 3 months at a time, then that is what you would have to do.... you may want to stay for longer but the rules say you can't. It is like having a train ticket, you may not have to show it at the barrier, and you may get away with it for ages, but sooner or later someone will ask to see proof. I remember a post by Aussie Sue I think, where the local inspectors came round to see what documentation she had.

Lee

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:46 pm

yankv8 wrote:Ok,What about this scenario,What if your living in a Motorhome/Campervan and are travelling around EU states staying in each particular country between 1 and 6 months and sometimes entering non EU states like Turkey/Serbia.

Lots of people do this. Based in one country, work in several others and not pay tax anywhere. The system has yet to catch up but assuredly it will.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:28 pm

Tax ? What is that ?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
yankv8
Super User!
Super User!

Postby yankv8 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:30 pm

Mat,I was refering to the many retiredfolk that can afford to do this,and in fact doing so,spending thier pension or hard earned cash( they have saved) in other countries other than thier homeland.Similar to the retired folk who 'retire here'or have holiday homes,surely they are not 'tax frauding' or indeed doing any con,just chosing to live differently by not rooting in one place.
It's different if you are talking about seasonal workers or 'new age travellers' lol or indeed Romany.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
JacquiB

Postby JacquiB » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:15 pm

scot47 wrote:Tax ? What is that ?

The very life blood of civilization :!:
:wink:

Return to “Visas, Residency & Registration”