London Legalisation Office has Moved

Confused? Hopefully less so after you have read this lot!

Moderator: Moderator

PaulM
<b>Property Management/Sales</b>

London Legalisation Office has Moved

Postby PaulM » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:28 pm

The one thing you can be sure of is that, should you have the temerity to set yourself up as any kind of expert, fate will come along and kick you in the ****s!

Yesterday, filled with confidence and knowledge (ha ha), I took myself off up to the Foreign and Commonwealth Offices to legalise (Apostil) a new client's general power of attorney .

The usual security man was on duty and I greeted him cheerfully. I was not so cheerful when he told me that the whole operation had been moved to Milton Keynes on 8 August.

I had almost decided to return home and do it the next day when, at Charing X underground station there was an announcement that there were no trains running to Paddington on the Bakerloo Line because of a broken down train somewhere south of the Thames. The only option was to take the Northern Line. This took me to Euston from whence the trains go to Milton Keynes!

I decided that fate had taken a hand and that I was doomed to go there that day.

The new set-up is much better and quicker. On going into the building, you show your document and they give you a number just as before. Then take the lift to the 3rd floor and take a seat (on one of the metal and very uncomfortable chairs).

When your number is called, go to the relevant window - there are now many more of these than before. The person behind the window does all the checking on his or her PC and prints off the Apostil. This then goes through a two-stage check before you get it back at the collection window. The process took about 50 minutes which was much quicker than at the old office ... but then there were fewer people around!

If you go by train. the Office is a £4.00 taxi ride from Milton Keynes Central Station and my taxi driver told me that this was his most numerous fare.

The Legalisation Office is now at 437 Silbury Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9 2AH and the phone number is 01908 295 111.

I suppose what really galled me was that, only the previous day, I had been 15 miles away in Leighton Buzzard meeting up with another forum member to collect some urgent documents and could easily have done it with no problems at all!

Ah well ... such is life!

eyebright
Super User!
Super User!

Postby eyebright » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:33 pm

Hope this is the right thread

I have to get a document ratified at the British Embassy in London, can anyone tell me if this is now in Milton Keynes as mentioned here or if it is still done in London and if so where in London.

Chopwood

Postby Chopwood » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi Eyebright, this will help, it is now in Milton Keynes
http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/what- ... ion-office
Steve

eyebright
Super User!
Super User!

Postby eyebright » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:46 am

Thank you chopwood, since it was my sister in Scotland who was going to be doing this I am really glad to have found this info out before she ended up the creek without a paddle in London.

mummy60

Postby mummy60 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:16 am

Hi, I've been told by the FCO you can no longer go in person. postal applications only now.such a pity. has anyone tried to get documents legalised through the Bulgarian Embassy in London?

owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:03 pm

If you take the documents to your U.K. Notary, they will forward them to Milton Keynes to be stamped.

Return to “Visas, Residency & Registration”