END OF LONG STAY CARD!

Confused? Hopefully less so after you have read this lot!

Moderator: Moderator

leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

END OF LONG STAY CARD!

Postby leedarkwood » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:08 am

YES! Finally the Bulgarian government is going to issue all residents with the same card, from January next year, ending the problems with the stupid white long stay residency card!

http://www.sofiaecho.com/2009/07/03/747 ... ts-at-last

Information about this is half way down page. No more being asked by police where is the photo!

varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnagirl » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:13 am

dont get too excited...rules and regs change here all the time..as you well know ...under the old rules we should have got our perminent L/C may 2007..but rules changed....wait till the fat lady sings !! :lol:

Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:42 am

Yea, Varnagirl I,ll not hold my breath. This being Bulgaria the system will more than likely operate differently in different regions.......at least for the first 10 years. :lol:

jinx57
<b>Property Finder</b>

Postby jinx57 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:25 am

a step in the right direction - remember the days of visa D and visa C ......

Charliechech
<b>Property Sales/Management</b>

Postby Charliechech » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:01 am

Just wanted to share this with you, hope it's ok here MOD!

We went to apply for Gabbi's passport yesterday, at Plovdiv, in the same building as where I got my lovely pretty shiny white bit of cardboard (the long stay card!)!

Well, to cut a long story short, finally got in to apply, we had a declaration to say where I am staying, had my passport and white card. She asked for Chech's card, she asked for mine, he said passport, she said no her card, he handed her my white one, she looked at it and handed it back, she said no her ID card. He said that is it!!! She looked at it again, turned it over and it took another 5 minutes to explain that this is what we were given. He showed her my photo copy of my old ID card and she said, yes, where is this, he said they took it off us and gave us this white crap of paper!

Anyway, eventually, all was ok, but just before we were leaving, the lady went over to check something with another lady, along with my white card. I was already smiling, when the other lady started laughing, she got the card, examined it, by this time I am giggling, the look on her face was a picture, she just kept laughing and looking at it!!! In the end, she looked at me and shrugged, says it all really!

So let's hope it does get sorted out as at the moment, the white card is an ongoing joke with all!

noddy
Super User!
Super User!

END OF LONG STAY CARD!

Postby noddy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:17 am

When asked by The Sofia Echo whether there would be different cards or different procedures for EU and non-EU citizens, Mikov said that had not been decided yet

vall74

photo id

Postby vall74 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:49 pm

Just looked at the power point presentation of the new bulgarian identity documents due in April. The new Registration certificate for EU citizen looks pretty much like an ID card with picture and the rest.

http://press.mvr.bg/NR/rdonlyres/54988E ... oc_MVR.pps

hibbie
Super User!
Super User!

Postby hibbie » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:14 pm

bit hard to read. :? its in bulgarian. 8O 8O
for me that is :oops:

theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:16 pm

The process will be gradual and will take place after the period of the previous documents of citizens has expired.

No rush there then

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:09 pm

Good link, Vall74, thank you.

It seems to be the 5th one down on the right hand side of the page with the driving licence and something else on the left, headed "Photocard without Chip", in Bulgarian. It's the only page with 7 cards on it, I think.

If it was a pdf file you could blow it up and have a good look, but I don't know whether you can grab an image out of a powerpoint file.

It's certainly got the photo but presumably no other biometrics.

Return to “Visas, Residency & Registration”