END OF LONG STAY CARD!

Confused? Hopefully less so after you have read this lot!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
User avatar
MarkMc
<b>Language Tutor</b>
Posts: 87
Contact:

Postby MarkMc » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:23 am

I think there is a difference in the types of ID cards that they issue us Brits, based on what has been written before. I got my new ID card in June and it has a photo, my address on the back and it says "residence card". Also, its valid until 2020, whereas my passport expires in 2015.
[/url]

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
User avatar
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!
Posts: 4532
Location: Near Karnobat

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:37 am

MarkMc wrote:I think there is a difference in the types of ID cards that they issue us Brits, based on what has been written before. I got my new ID card in June and it has a photo, my address on the back and it says "residence card". Also, its valid until 2020, whereas my passport expires in 2015.
[/url]


You must have got a happy clerk doing your card as that is more like the term of a permanent residency card.

I was wondering if these digital ID cards were meant to be of a standard format throughout EU countries as if, it can be used instead of a passport for travel within the EU then it must have the ability to be scanned by an Immigration Officer just like a passport which except for colour, seem pretty standard throughout the world these days.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
User avatar
MarkMc
<b>Language Tutor</b>
Posts: 87
Contact:

Postby MarkMc » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:25 am

It is a permanent residence card, and doesnt say long term. I asked for it specially as ive been here 7 years and it makes a difference to my wifes status as she is Ukrainian. She was also issued permanent residence and it states "family member" on her card. We used it to travel to Romania this weekend and they accepted it (although I travelled on my passport)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
User avatar
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!
Posts: 4532
Location: Near Karnobat

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:13 pm

MarkMc wrote:It is a permanent residence card, and doesnt say long term. I asked for it specially as ive been here 7 years and it makes a difference to my wifes status as she is Ukrainian. She was also issued permanent residence and it states "family member" on her card. We used it to travel to Romania this weekend and they accepted it (although I travelled on my passport)


Your Ukrainian Wife has exactly the same rights of freedom of travel as you do now within the EU as a family member. My Russian Wife's new digital residence card with photograph is ready for collection in Bourgas when we manage to get over there to collect it and I want to try hers and mine out on the Greek border later this year. Might as well use it if it works as getting visas every time you want to go somewhere is a pain. If your Wife has been here over 5 years then she is entitled to apply for a Bulgarian passport, but that will attract the MODS telling me/us what this thread is about. There is a thread about obtaining Bulgarian Nationality somewhere though.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
User avatar
leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!
Posts: 5139
Contact:

Postby leedarkwood » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:35 pm

Ah yes, you have the permanent card, we are picking up our long stay as we have only been here three happy years.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
User avatar
tomkin
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 199
Contact:

Postby tomkin » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:03 am

Hi All

We found that our 5 year card had expired so went to Yambol to renew. Because we had allowed it to expire (only by a few days) we could not apply for the permanent residence card but had to go through the whole process again and restart our 5 years. We were issued with exactly the same 5 year card as before. No photo no number and generally considered utterly useless. The moral of the story - dont let your 5 year card expire before applying for a new one

Regards
Tomlin

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
User avatar
markie1969
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!
Posts: 45
Location: kostandenets

Postby markie1969 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:53 am

yes ive got one of those kiddie id cards! mine runs out in january! my number is no 3!!!!! whose no 2? no 1?
anyway wot happens next do they just renew you with another 5 yr kiddie card or wot?
i dont want citizenship i believe thats a choice ive trawled the net till my eyes r on stalks trying to find answers n practically collapsed over the keyboard n burst out crying!!!!
the ministry of the interior website is so confusing it makes british red tape look like a walk in the park!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
User avatar
booboo
Super User!
Super User!
Posts: 521
Location: Bulgaria

Postby booboo » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:16 am

tomkin wrote:Hi All

We found that our 5 year card had expired so went to Yambol to renew. Because we had allowed it to expire (only by a few days) we could not apply for the permanent residence card but had to go through the whole process again and restart our 5 years. We were issued with exactly the same 5 year card as before. No photo no number and generally considered utterly useless. The moral of the story - dont let your 5 year card expire before applying for a new one

Regards
Tomlin


As it impossible it can have run 5 years before expiry, I would suggest your card/cards were not issued for the full 5 years? Perhaps due to passport expiry or Health card/insurance expiry? These cards were not issued until after EU entry in 2007 so I assume yours were for a little over 3 and half years?

That was perhaps the reason you could not apply for permanent residence as 5 years won't have passed - at least under that kiddie id card.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
User avatar
mememe
Super User!
Super User!
Posts: 900

Postby mememe » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:43 am

Hi Markie!

I had the kiddy-pass till recently but I happened to visit the migration office in Pernik on another matter (getting a letter confirming address for registering a motor scooter) and the very pleasant and helpful man in the office told me that if I would like to pay 36 leva, they would do me a new-style one.

So I did - and they did - and I picked it up 10 days later. It runs to the same expiry date as my old one - 2014 :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Liliana

Postby Liliana » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:47 am

This thread is really confusing me! I've said this before but my card was issued 20th January 2007 replacing my old (expensive) litchna carte. As my number on the card is 20 I assume that I was one of the first after Bulgaria joining the EU in January 2007.

My confusion arises with people renewing before January which is 5 years after the initial 'new' cards. Moscow Wolf did point out that there are reasons sometimes.

Maybe boo boo has just mentioned one of them also? Although my passport has been renewed this year and did not affect the date of the residency card?

I appreciate that probably each region has different 'procedures' but when all's said 5 years is 5 years is it not? #-o


Return to “Visas, Residency & Registration”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests