END OF LONG STAY CARD!

Confused? Hopefully less so after you have read this lot!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:45 pm

We have to provide a bank letter too, 1st Investment also charge 20 leva each :(

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Samche

Postby Samche » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:52 pm

I read somewhere else about a notarised copy of a bank book being sufficient, but maybe that only works in a certain Oblast.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
cazpaul
Super User!
Super User!

Postby cazpaul » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:46 am

we renewed in VT this year..We had to provide
passport
previous card
copy of bank statement [not notarised]
letter to say we wouldnt claim from the state [notorised]

Now I know for certain the last 2 should not be required and VT immigration need an update....SOLVIT would be a great help in effecting change in these areas me thinks...

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Samche

Solvit

Postby Samche » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:50 pm

Thanks cazpaul
I will write an email to Solvit asking for their opinion.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Re: Solvit

Postby mememe » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:26 pm

Samche wrote:Thanks cazpaul
I will write an email to Solvit asking for their opinion.

Please don't rock the boat about the acceptance of the EHIC, Samche!

As ridiculous as BG's acceptance of the EHIC may be, it being accepted as proof of having health cover for LTR IS rather convenient.

As we all know, knowledge, interpretation and application of the rules DOES vary greatly from immigration office to immigration office.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Samche

Postby Samche » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:08 pm

But is the point not that in some areas you don't need the EHIC- and others you do? So some of us have more hurdles to jump through

With or without insurance I know I will not be treated for free and have not been treated by a Doctor or hospital here without paying- the same way my neighbours pay for treatment.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:22 pm

Yerp - that's perfectly true, Samche - but no doubt there are also some hoops in other regions for which jumping is required, while for you, it is not.

Think about it - if the matter of EHIC is standardised across BG, what are the alternatives? Either to NOT ask for it - or to make LTR applicants take out rather expensive, meaningless and pretty worthless private health insurance policies. Seriously, which do you think BG immigration offices are more likely to go for?

Incidentally, I'm not even sure if you would be able to get a cheap 5-year or 10-year private medical insurance policy just to fulfill the requirement - so you would then have to go to BUPA or similar, which are rather less than cheap, especially for older people. Or you get a one-year travel policy and would then have to renew your LTR every year.

Like you, I wouldn't dream of trying to submit my EHIC to pay for BG treatment as I am no longer a UK resident in that respect, but live in another (non-EU) country currently, and not in BG.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Samche

Postby Samche » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:52 pm

In the interests of fairness and equality I would prefer that we all have to jump through the same hoops.

I would also prefer, after living here 5years, to be allowed to contribute to the health care system of the country in which I live and work.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:01 pm

Samche wrote:In the interests of fairness and equality I would prefer that we all have to jump through the same hoops.

The BRITISH way!! Well done (and good luck!) :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:24 pm

Why should you have to show anything to prove you have insurance or cover? The medical services could just be informed that a long stay card does not give the bearer of it free or reduced cost access to health care in the UK, unless the owner is a pensioner. Seems a lot simpler to me!

We have not been asked for any proof of cover or what is in our bank account at Blagoevgrad office. Our five years comes up next year, I am hoping to once again tackle contributing to the health service at that point... without being charged at the company director rate for full social services.

Return to “Visas, Residency & Registration”