END OF LONG STAY CARD!

Confused? Hopefully less so after you have read this lot!

Moderator: Moderator

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:42 pm

leedarkwood wrote:Why should you have to show anything to prove you have insurance or cover? The medical services could just be informed that a long stay card does not give the bearer of it free or reduced cost access to health care in the UK, unless the owner is a pensioner. Seems a lot simpler to me!

I think you mean 'FROM the UK", Lee and I agree and find the aim quite laudable.

However, what happens if you are in a car accident or are suddenly afflicted with a debilitating illness in BG and have no insurance at all, do 'authority' and the doctors just leave you a-quivering and a-bleeding out on the street? You can imagine what sort of coverage that would be given in our much-admired British press..

I'm all for equality in all things, having been much inconvenienced myself last summer by the rampant variations in and the misapplication of these 'rules'. But for some reason, a sense of ominous future failure forbades me from nominating myself as the champion of the people and I find it easier just to mainly go with the flow in my region, however discomforting the eddies might subsequently prove to be.

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:44 pm

Let's remember this topic is to discuss the end of the Long Stay Card.

Whilst we understand that the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC, previously E111) and / or the health insurance issue is part of this, we do have a dedicated topic for the finer points of these along with joining the Bulgarian Health service system. If you wish to discuss these further, away from the issues of renewing or gaining new Long Term or Permanent Residency status, please go to one of these:

http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... 50&start=0

http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... 54&start=0

OR use the search facilities for something more appropriate for you enquiries.

Thanks. Mod 8)

Samche

Postby Samche » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:21 am

Am I right in remembering that the new photo card should cost 18leva?

devondumpling

residency

Postby devondumpling » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:27 am

I think you will find it rather more than 18 lv. There are other things to be taken into account - even getting a letter from the bank will set you back 20 lv each.

Samche

Postby Samche » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:06 pm

But only 18leva at the MVR? I say this as I was confused when I read this on the VT MVR website
(http://www.veliko-tarnovo.mvr.bg/Uslugi ... efault.htm):

2. Разрешаване на постоянно пребиваване в Република България.
Основанията за разрешение са посочени в чл.25 и чл.25а от Закона за чужденците в Република България.
Такси:
- За искане на услугата - 10 лв.
- За разрешаване на постоянно пребиваване - 1000 лв.
- За разрешаване на постоянно пребиваване на чужденец, на основание на сключен брак с български гражданин - 150 лв.

Maybe my misunderstanding.

cazpaul
Super User!
Super User!

Postby cazpaul » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:18 pm

If I remember rightly I paid 18 Leva plus 4 leva bank tax for the new photo card

kazz
<b>Country Advisor/Property Finder</b>

Postby kazz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:31 pm

In answer to the question about fees....I guess those are for 'foreigners', we of course are EU citizens, so don't count as 'foreigners' :lol:

Samche

Postby Samche » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:47 pm

Thanks Kazz
that makes sense if we are not foreign foreigners :)

Thanks cazpaul

Return to “Visas, Residency & Registration”