END OF LONG STAY CARD!

Confused? Hopefully less so after you have read this lot!

Moderator: Moderator

mickw
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mickw » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:33 pm

Nikki,

It's 10 years at the Yambol office.

Mick

kazz
<b>Country Advisor/Property Finder</b>

Postby kazz » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:14 pm

Interesting....is this a new EU rule or has Yambol declared independence?

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:25 pm

It's 5 years in every Member State of the EU.

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... 048:EN:pdf

mickw
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mickw » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:11 am

There maybe some mix upbetween, long term residency and permenent residency, mines the latter.and valid until 2021.

Mick

devondumpling

residency

Postby devondumpling » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:02 am

Mine also expires 2021 and issued Yambol. Not complicated if you have necessary documents, but a bit time consuming - you get back the old one until new one produced. They do take new photo - not allowed to smile, which can be funny (photographing lady and I both kept bursting out laughing)!

varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnagirl » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:02 am

no matter what the actuall EU rules are ...each municipality " do it their way " !!

despite having and paying for a L/C yearly from 2003 ( and a " D " visa since 2002 ) ,in 2007 they issued us a stupid white card ..then on goin back in 2010 to ask for a proper L/C again ...they issued one yes ....but only till 2015 ..and its a long term residency card .... :roll: :roll:

pollypepper

END OF LONG STAY CARD!

Postby pollypepper » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:28 am

A few months ago we where issued with a Residence card for 10 years this was from the Burgas office.We have to provide lots of information.As they would not except info stored on the computer from the Lovech area. It took 4 or 5 visits cannot remember now.We will have been here almost 7 yrs.
So it was with interest that I read the EU list

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Bulgarian EU Permanent Residence cards are valid for 10 years. But that is the expiry date for the card, not the residence. The British would probably call it a "document renewal date".

Actually, the Regulation stipulates that it should be a document, not a card. Cards are for non-EU nationals.

The Spanish issue a document, not a card, and they don't put any expiry date on it. They don't bother with a photo either but your mum and dad get a look in.

http://www.kn0wall.co.uk/wordpress/livi ... -validity/

Whatever it is, you don't have to apply for it. You have the status anyway if you fulfil the conditions.

This Instruction is interesting reading. The white cards were the real deal at the time it was issued.

Инструкция № Iз-487 от 28.03.2007 г

http://www.econ.bg/law86424/enactments/ ... 6/&#1080;&#1085;струкция-iз-487-от-28-03-2007-г-за-реда-и-организацията-за-издаване-на-документите-по-закона-за-вл

If you want evidence of EU permanent resident status you're looking for the words постоянно пребиваване not продължително пребиваване

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:11 pm

It appears usual that things never work as well as they could. :roll:

I was very pleased to receive my digital Temporary Residence Card and it is accepted as proof of my identity whenever it has been required although, the Bulgarian Immigration officials at Burgas airport seemed a little confused by it on both the inward and outward journeys. I think the part that troubles them is that my village has no street names, so it just the village name printed on the card.

However, during the last two weeks the 'card' has let me down. It would appear that the unique numbering system that Bulgarians are required to know by heart is a digit longer (or possible shorter) that the personal I.D. number printed on our 'foreigner' cards therefore, when trying to renew my motor insurance this year, BULSTRAD had gone all computerised this year and of course, their on-line form couldn't handle the missing digit problem. It required a day's delay with calls having to be made to Sofia to get around the problem.

Next problem was when I took a laptop into Burgas for repair and they need to give a computerised receipt; of course, the missing digit caused problems with their computer too until the guy just entered every space with a 9 and it accepted it.

So, I don't expect every computer system to be changed to accept my personal I.D number, but it would appear that perhaps Bulgaria might have put a little more thought into their numbering system for us foreigners. :lol:

B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:28 am

MW said...
It would appear that the unique numbering system that Bulgarians are required to know by heart is a digit longer (or possible shorter) than the personal I.D. number printed on our 'foreigner' cards

You don't offer any insight as to how long the number is that you have on your card.

I thought that it was the 10 digit LNCh that was originally generated at the time that your LTRC was created (if you ever had one of those white cards), in which case you shouldn't have any problem as it is essentially the same as Bulgarian citizens' id's. We've never had a problem.

Return to “Visas, Residency & Registration”