END OF LONG STAY CARD!

Confused? Hopefully less so after you have read this lot!

Moderator: Moderator

pollypepper

END OF LONG STAY CARD!

Postby pollypepper » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:53 am

I know what you mean by the number had to take our blue heath books to the doctor as we Now have the new L/C card or what ever one wants to call them and our Doctor said the numbers are wrong on the cards. Just when one thinks its all sorted.Think having a card better than having to cart around a piece of paper. At least it looks like we belong here a bit

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:19 am

B52 wrote:MW said...
It would appear that the unique numbering system that Bulgarians are required to know by heart is a digit longer (or possible shorter) than the personal I.D. number printed on our 'foreigner' cards

You don't offer any insight as to how long the number is that you have on your card.

I thought that it was the 10 digit LNCh that was originally generated at the time that your LTRC was created (if you ever had one of those white cards), in which case you shouldn't have any problem as it is essentially the same as Bulgarian citizens' id's. We've never had a problem.

My personal number or LH does have 10 numeral digits however, all that I can assume is that it is different in its composition from what the Bulgarian's call their 'EGN'.

I started out with the white card, but when I moved to my permanent home which was in another region, I received my digital photograph card. I never took any notice as to whether the old 'white' personal number was transferred across or if I received a new one.

One mistake I made in my previous post was that I referred to the card as my Temporary Residence when in fact, it is termed a Long Term Residence card.

I don't know factually why I encountered the problems that I have and they're not really a hassle. Next year I shall renew my car insurance a day earlier as now I know that if I leave it to the final day, I might hit the same problem. Perhaps I was just unlucky to have similar problems within a short space of time, but as Bulgaria gets more and more computerised, who knows when YOU might or might not find yourself in the same situation.

devondumpling

residency

Postby devondumpling » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:44 am

Pollypepper said:
"Doctor said the numbers are wrong on the cards. Just when one thinks its all sorted".

Does this mean we all have an incorrect number? Mine only has 9 digits like MW. Since it's a 10 year permanency (at my age, doubt if I'll live to renew it), is it likely to cause problems all that time?
Last edited by devondumpling on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

HenryKelly

Postby HenryKelly » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:45 am

The personal number issued to EU citizens is not in the format that is recognised as a proper EGN. Hence loads of Bulgarian computer systems will reject it as being invalid.

My number begins with 1xx which is not the same for any BG citizen.
Last edited by HenryKelly on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:06 am

Someone whom I can’t determine said…
Does this mean we all have an incorrect number? Mine only has 9 digits like MW.

Of course MW might mean someone completely different but if it is “the person usually referred to as MW”, he said that he had a 10 digit number (assuming they are male).

HenryKelly said…
loads of Bulgarian computer systems will reject it as being invalid

There are probably not “loads of ... computer systems" in Bulgaria. It is recognised by NAP and KAT and most other government-oriented institutions (you know, the people who issue it).

HenryKelly

Postby HenryKelly » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:22 am

It is not recognised by computers at Mtel, Vivacom, Global, Bulsatcom, banks etc as being a valid personal number.

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:34 am

B52 wrote:Someone whom I can’t determine said…
Does this mean we all have an incorrect number? Mine only has 9 digits like MW.

Of course MW might mean someone completely different but if it is “the person usually referred to as MW”, he said that he had a 10 digit number (assuming they are male).

HenryKelly said…
loads of Bulgarian computer systems will reject it as being invalid

There are probably not “loads of ... computer systems" in Bulgaria. It is recognised by NAP and KAT and most other government-oriented institutions (you know, the people who issue it).

If I had said somewhere earlier in this thread that I had a 9 digit number then, I was wrong as I have 10 digits.

However, I have also experienced some confusion with Bulgarians not knowing which number to use. I tell them to use the LN (personal number) and not the 9 digit number which is in larger shrift and called the Document number and located bottom face right of the card.

Not had a problem identifying myself with my card in my Bank, (or any of its branches), but I would guess that they have more foreigners on their books than ordinary businesses.

devondumpling

residency

Postby devondumpling » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:04 am

Sorry, was in process of a revised version of my post when the electricity went off AGAIN, and lost all I'd typed. Have now found personal 10 digit number halfway down LC and document number bottom right. When Bulgarian friend pops in will get her to compare with mine. Anyway, have great faith that Wolfie can fix anything, he should have stood for president.

B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:33 am

HenryKelly said...
It is not recognised by computers at Mtel, Vivacom, Global, Bulsatcom, banks etc as being a valid personal number.

Well, they might not accept yours but they accept ours. In fact, if you (we) want a contract with Global, it is the only number that they will accept. FI Bank and CCB also accept it. MTel now use ours although they were quite happy using the 4 digit number on the LTRC (white card) originally. Bulsatcom use it on our contract.

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:41 am

B52 wrote:HenryKelly said...

Well, they might not accept yours but they accept ours. In fact, if you (we) want a contract with Global, it is the only number that they will accept. FI Bank and CCB also accept it. MTel now use ours although they were quite happy using the 4 digit number on the LTRC (white card) originally. Bulsatcom use it on our contract.

Are all of those companies you mention, using your LN number on their computerised contracts or hand filled ones? My problem only arose when two different organisations tried to enter my LN on their on-line computer systems.

Return to “Visas, Residency & Registration”