END OF LONG STAY CARD!

Confused? Hopefully less so after you have read this lot!

Moderator: Moderator

kazz
<b>Country Advisor/Property Finder</b>

Postby kazz » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:28 pm

There is a problem with our LCN numbers and computer systems.
Some staff at some places have discovered they can get round this by either adding a number, deleting one or maybe even moving the first digit to the end.
I can't remember exactly what they do......and I'm not even sure it will work on everyone's card as it would depend on the digits in the particular case as to if you end up with a number that is in theory a 'possible' Bulgarian ID (EGN) number.
It's even possible that some systems have now been updated to accept our numbers which are in a different format.
I think that most government soft-wear allows for the possibility that you might want to enter a Bulgarian EGN (personal ID number) or a foreigner LCH number but many private companies do not have the soft-wear so how long you have to wait and if you get a result in the end depends on the creativity of the person serving you.

regfrancis

Postby regfrancis » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:19 pm

Would some one be kind enough to tell me how a non EU citizen (I'm Aussie) can obtain a residency card?

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi regfrancis, this is the topic for you and where you need to discuss obtaining residency cards for non-EU citizens:

http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... 96&start=0

These may also be of help with research:

http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... 99&start=0

http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... 44&start=0

Good luck! Mod
8)

Samche

New Cards

Postby Samche » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:21 pm

Is there anyone in the VT area, who has applied for the new version of the card?

We are due to renew soon and I want to know if they are still asking for a EHIC/ E111card and also a notarized statement stating that we will not claim any form of social security in Bulgaria. I just want to know what to expect when we visit the KAT/Police Station.

DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Re: New Cards

Postby DANNIA » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:26 pm

Samche wrote:We are due to renew soon and I want to know if they are still asking for a EHIC/ E111card and also a notarized statement stating that we will not claim any form of social security in Bulgaria. I just want to know what to expect when we visit the KAT/Police Station.

They shouldn't be asking for the EHIC if you are living here as you would then be deceiving the UK authorities, and have you had to do that notarised statement before then? I haven't heard of that one.
:roll:

Samche

Postby Samche » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:44 pm

We have had to provide the notarised statement twice- for our first residence card in 2007 and then again in 2009- as we had to renew our passports. It's just a statement that we have independent funds and are signing away any rights we might have to social services in Bulgaria.

Our notary had not heard of this before and was surprised we were being asked to this. But they were very insistent at the Immigration office that we needed to do this- even though it was not on the list of required documents. We need to renew next year as our E111 cards expire then- and so that was set as the renewal date for our residence cards.

I did not realise until reading though this thread that this was not required everywhere in Bulgaria- so I am trying to find out if things have changed at the VT office- or if anyone else has had to do this before we go in to renew our permits.

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:44 pm

Once you've got your 5 years in you're allowed to claim benefits so you shouldn't have to give such a statement as to the future.

walkage
Super User!
Super User!

Postby walkage » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:55 pm

Samche
I think the VT office are almost a one off - yes they insist on the EHIC - even though they cannot be used if you are resident here - a fact they ignore or do not want to know.. :? and also the expiry date of the passport is obviously important.
We do and have always paid our way with any medical help and for me it seems simple to include into any card that medical/social help etc is not available to a person - i.e foreigner -with this type of card. That would tule out all the hassle of providing evidence etc.
Just like the proof of Bank deposits - DSK - charge 20 leva for a letter/statement...Hmm robbery.. :?

Samche

Postby Samche » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:57 pm

gimlet wrote:Once you've got your 5 years in you're allowed to claim benefits so you shouldn't have to give such a statement as to the future.

We have a business here and do not need to claim any benefits. I am just interested if anything has changed with the VT Immigration Department.

Samche

Postby Samche » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:41 pm

walkage wrote:Samche
Just like the proof of Bank deposits - DSK - charge 20 leva for a letter/statement...Hmm robbery.. :?

Yes, I read elsewhere that proof of how much was in your account was not needed in other areas- but here we need the letter from DSK stating exactly how much is in our accounts. This has always seemed very intrusive.

I will apply for another EHIC if I need to, but have no intention of trying to use it here. I was in hospital this summer and we paid the bills in full ourselves- though I guess I could have claimed to be a tourist here.

Return to “Visas, Residency & Registration”