Staying Longer than 3 Months without Registering

Confused? Hopefully less so after you have read this lot!

Moderator: Moderator

Here_We_Go_Again

Staying Longer than 3 Months without Registering

Postby Here_We_Go_Again » Mon May 16, 2011 11:31 am

Hello,

After searching through the Forum I can't find any examples of anyone who has stayed over 3 Months in BG and not registered with the Authorities, then tried to leave.

Does anyone know what the consequences of this are and the potential fines/charges?

The most relevant post I could find was from back in 2009 and quoted a 20 Lev Fine, but no restrictions on re-entering BG.

So does anyone have any up to date experience of this or know of any one that has?

The above refers to EU (UK) Passport Holders.

Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Mon May 16, 2011 12:09 pm

Although registered ourselves we know lots of people here full time who never registered and have moved in and out of the country with no trouble at all. Due to register ourselves again next year.....not sure yet if we,ll even bother.

wandy
<b>Building Services</b>

Postby wandy » Mon May 16, 2011 12:52 pm

(a) Obligation to register

Member States can require Union citizens to register with the authorities for periods of residence
longer than three months. The deadline for registration may not be less than three months from the
date of arrival. Member States generally require registration within 3 months of arrival.
Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Ireland, Slovakia and the UK are the only Member States where
registration is not required. Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Slovakia and the UK foresee a registration
system, but this is optional, not mandatory. Ireland is the only Member State without a registration
system.

As stolen from a post by Gimlet

Personally mine ran out about a year a go, and i haven't renewed.
I have left and returned to BG several times and to-date had no problems.[/b]

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Mon May 16, 2011 1:22 pm

I only see it as a problem when you need something like phone, electric, dishwasher etc.

British passport, accepted by most bent cops around the world. :lol:

spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Mon May 16, 2011 2:53 pm

there would be no problems as there a no stamps on passports at borders these days, therefore no proof that you haven't left the country (even for a day) and re-entered. Even if your passport was scanned at the airport you could have chosen to go to greece or romania for the day, same result no proof of leaving and re-entering the country.

leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Mon May 16, 2011 5:11 pm

I don't know about other borders but our border with Greece scans every passport or ID card. It is a requirement of a scheugen zone boundary.

There were reports on here a long time back of local authorities calling round to ask why people haven't registered but I don't remember there being any harsh consequences for not having done so.

bagpuss
Super User!
Super User!

stamping passports

Postby bagpuss » Mon May 16, 2011 5:13 pm

My passport was stamped on Saturday just gone at Sofia on the way back to Manchester.
Regards
B.

Liliana

Postby Liliana » Mon May 16, 2011 5:33 pm

Here we go again..... :lol:

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Mon May 16, 2011 7:40 pm

Isn't it easier to just go and register ?

DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Mon May 16, 2011 8:57 pm

scot47 wrote:Isn't it easier to just go and register ?

ermmm...No!! :wink:

Are we talking about the little white cards here? We are due to re register ours next year too, but would rather not go through the hassle of it if we can.

Return to “Visas, Residency & Registration”