Problems with LTR for non-eu girlfriend

Confused? Hopefully less so after you have read this lot!

Moderator: Moderator

Blaiddog

Postby Blaiddog » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:09 pm

would doubt he would do that my son is over fron Taiwan and rhe girls have what the UK girls dont

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:27 am

Thanks for the idea, lyn - Are you gonna mention it to her, or shall I?...... :lol:

I think I have to agree, Blaiddog - but setting nationality aside for one moment, she's also a bit of an all-round, good egg as well.... :)

fishing-man

grrrr

Postby fishing-man » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:07 pm

Sorry to hear your having such a hard time just read your thread is of no relevence to me but interesting.

I don't agree about changing your girlfriend but maybe you could just change her into your wife!!

Hope you get sorted out and soon :D

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:57 pm

Hi again!

Well, the most recent visits to the office ran as planned and on the 22nd of August my girlfriend was interviewed by an immigration officer at the Pernik office. The questions weren't particularly searching in content and the only one which crept in which made 'delay' spring into my mind was when he told her that he might want her to produce some document from Taiwan proving that she wasn't already married. But when she said this would be 'no problem', he immediately lost interest in the idea..

Then it was on into the camera room for a quick snap, snap, grin, grin, wink, wink and the new Lichna Karte was placed into her hot little hand at the next visit on the 25th. It's valid until my card expires in August 2014.

So we got there in the end - and not a marriage certificate in sight!!

Thanks for all your suggestions and advice en route.... :P

Thanks also to Orli Stanoikov, our very good translator. I'll be putting a recommendation of his services elsewhere on MyBG.

lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:03 pm

Well done, Mememe. I'm so glad you didn't trade her in after all. (I was far too chicken too suggest it to her :( )
Are you off to your local MacDonalds to celebrate! :lol:

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:16 pm

Thanks lyn!

No McD's this evening, sadly - we're in the flat in Sofia at the moment, so we have a slightly (hem-hem) greater choice of restaurant nearby. The plan is to have a break from doing up the house and relax for a couple of days before my girlfriend flies off back to Russia.

I will still be here for a bit longer though, so I'll keep Ronald McDonald in mind...

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:55 pm

he might want her to produce some document from Taiwan proving that she wasn't already married

That's not a very material question because the Directive is worded the way it is so that it includes "partners" who are not married because one or both of them are already married, but to someone else. In such cases producing a marriage certificate would probably help the application.

Return to “Visas, Residency & Registration”