Dentist

Information about Doctors, Dentists, Hospital facilities and all aspects of health care & Insurance.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Bobsue
Super User!
Super User!

Dentist

Postby Bobsue » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:36 pm

Does anyone know of a good dentist in Bulgaria that we English can go to.
In the Sunny Beach/Bourgas area

What is the dentistry like in general?
Also any costs that are known.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
manxscousers
Super User!
Super User!

Postby manxscousers » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:57 pm

Bobsue

Can't give you any prices cos I haven't had any work done, but in general there are plenty of dentists in all the main locations and if you can't be treated on the same day it is very unusual.

I have overheard conversations where people reckon they have had a free holiday when considering the cost of dentistry to the UK and what their total outlay has been for a visit.

Take a painkiller and book a flight tomorrow :D

Jim

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Bobsue
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Bobsue » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:14 pm

Hi manxscousers

Thanks a lot for that.

we need to have treatment ie. a complete mouth transplant. :lol: :lol:

No seriously. The cost of dentures here is ridiculous and the dentures we have are no good.

would the bg dentist be up to date so we would not look like Red Rum.

Bobsue

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
manxscousers
Super User!
Super User!

Postby manxscousers » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:28 pm

Bobsue

A mate of my mate, who I was half listening to, was saying he was a bit scared of dentists - and who can blame him - but he said the girl who had given him a root canal ( I hope that isn't a sex thing :roll: ) was the best he had ever been to.

That's not much of a solid recco is it, but I think you will find the dentists in Bulgaria are as good as anywhere. It's the same for all the professions you know, but a lot of us Brits are so parochial.

So be a dentist seeking pioneer - all you have got to loose is a tooth or two - and you can get over that with a rakia to follow the mouthwash. In fact have a rakia before you go and you won't be bothered if you come out looking like Red Rum. Until the next day perhaps :(

Jim

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:34 am

There are some exellent dentists in Burgas, although not as cheap as people think, scale and polish is about 50lv

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
markminns123

Postby markminns123 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:11 am

hotel korona sunny beach had my teeth laser whitened there. £90 quid .The dentist said he does loads of holiday makers including dentures my mum and dad are thinking of coming over for a holiday and to get new falsies he also works in bourgas but not sure where.

julie

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
cornishmaids
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

filling

Postby cornishmaids » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:18 am

hi i had to find a dentist in sandanski as my back tooth half came out ! my friend who is bulgarian helped me and took me to hers. The equipment was a bit dated but the dentist was very good! she put a temp filling in and sent to get an xray. We went half way down the road to a small room where there was no warning xray signs and my dad just stood in front of me while i had the xray! that only cost 4 lev! I then went back to the dentist where she filled it.
She was brilliant no pain nothing! however we had to use translation book ie point to extraction etc. She found this so funny!
In all the filling cost 15 lev!
Im going back for more! :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ardleystar
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ardleystar » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:37 am

Hi BobSue,

I found an excellent dentist in New Nessebar, she doesn't speak English but her daughter does. She can be contacted on 055448150

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
siddy
Super User!
Super User!

Re: filling

Postby siddy » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:03 am

cornishmaids wrote:hi i had to find a dentist in sandanski as my back tooth half came out ! my friend who is bulgarian helped me and took me to hers. The equipment was a bit dated but the dentist was very good! she put a temp filling in and sent to get an xray. We went half way down the road to a small room where there was no warning xray signs and my dad just stood in front of me while i had the xray! that only cost 4 lev! I then went back to the dentist where she filled it.
She was brilliant no pain nothing! however we had to use translation book ie point to extraction etc. She found this so funny!
In all the filling cost 15 lev!
Im going back for more! :lol:
I have been to the Dentist twice in BG. The first was for 3white fillings 85 lv. The second time i went to the Hospital and had a wisdom toothe removed 20lv. Excellant treatment both times

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
banner
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banner » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:07 am

Our dentist in VT is fantastic. Very good work, pristine surgery, and a fraction of the price in England I have had root canal work done, two teeth rebuilt and scale and polish I think this was 6 half hour appointments and cost around £60 Regards Banner.

Return to “Medical & Health Care”