Dentists!

Information about Doctors, Dentists, Hospital facilities and all aspects of health care & Insurance.

Moderator: Moderator

padleys

Re: Dentists!

Postby padleys » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:11 pm

stewarty wrote:Hi All,
I paid £116.00 for pain and 2 fillings today at my dentists, in all 20 minutes work, professionally done, but! another very expensive British *norm* how does this compare in BG?

Stewarty

Dont surpose this dentist was in Stara Zagora, looking for one with patience, understanding and a sense of humour, as im not a very good patient.

parkersd
Super User!
Super User!

Postby parkersd » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:00 am

LeeDarkwood I've just had 2 crowns at our local dentist in General Toshevo and they cost 120 leva each. I was extremely happy with the work,the dentist is a very nice lady & the surgery is more modern than most I've seen in the UK. She speaks a little English but I took my translator with me just in case...well worth the drive up for anyone who is a distance away.
She won't do a general anaesthetic, I asked for a friend who is also terrified of dentists,because too many things can go wrong. She suggested nervous patients go to the doctor first for a sedative to calm the nerves.
If anyone wants details please pm me.
Sue

varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnagirl » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:16 am

just to show the difference.....I was quoted 80lv each for a crown... but the price can increase up to 250lv each ...depending on the material used !!!

scanniaman
Penny Pincher

Postby scanniaman » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:21 pm

it's just like building a house then ?
scanniaman :wink:

paul-alice
Super User!
Super User!

Postby paul-alice » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:01 am

went to a Dentist in dobrich yesterday and both speak english, they sent me for an xray at the ex communist dental centre which cost 7 lev, then back to the dentist with the image.

Going back today for extraction :oops:

Paul.

Anni
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Anni » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:01 am

I'm exploring having implants done in BG rather than UK. Half the price so I can have both of them done rather than just the one.

Dentist comes recommended so fingers crossed.

Photochick

Postby Photochick » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:35 am

Dentist in Dryanovo (gabrovo/VT region) charges 120 lev for a crown.
My children and I have seen her for nearly a year for a variety of fillings, extractions and crowns, and she has always been very calm and gentle, and her work is excellent. Her surgery is far more modern than any I have been to in the UK - although she sends you to the hospital 100yds away for x-rays (7lv). She doesn't speak english, but after a year of multiple visits we understand each other quite well....and we 'phone a friend' to explain any complicated stuff :-)

peepo

Postby peepo » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:03 am

anyone no how much to have all teeth out and false ones in and can the false ones be put in same day as teeth taken out (got gum problem ) thanks :D

VickyC
Super User!
Super User!

Postby VickyC » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:36 am

I have the number of a brilliant dentist in Varna. She has worked in USA and Dubai and the surgery is spotless and she uses the best materials for white fillings etc.

She speaks excellent English and is better than some UK dentists I have had. She is quite a bit further up past Chataldja area and can give her number if anyone wants it. I would highly recommend her after having a bad dentist previously in Varna who caused me to have root canal done on a molar as she left some decay in below a filling.

Vicky

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:21 am

You are talking here about major surgery - and a considerable delay between extraction and getting the falsies !

Return to “Medical & Health Care”