Page 3 of 3

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:36 pm
by cruicky50
Hi, our baby boy was born in the uk and is entitled to all that a Bulgarian baby is entitled to, we pay bg nat insurance through our company, don't know how it works if you are retired or not contributing. hope this helps.

Confusion over BG NHS

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:58 am
by Yonderpixie
There's a lot of different information about the things you would need to pay for and the differences between UK NHS and the BG one.

I have a Bulgarian company, set up when I bought my house.
How can I pay noi contributions?

Will this make me entitled to all medical services free including pregnancy care? or what things would need to be paid for?

Would my non-EU wife also be covered? (the pregnancy is for her of course) :D

or would she need to pay as well?


Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:08 am
by MOD
Hi Yonderpixie,

You can read about NOI here; ... 37&start=0

Using the search facilities will reveal other threads covering issues you have raised.


Mod 8)

Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:30 am
by MarkMc
My Ukrainian wife gave birth to oru child 2 months ago and we have been trying to find out about some kind of child suppport. Ive been living and working here for 7 years, paying tax on my salary all the time. However, we have been told by 2 different lawyers that we are not entitled to any child benefit as my wife is non EU and hasnt paid enough contributions here.
Has anyone else been in a similar situation and managed to overcome it? It seems unreasonable that we are not entitled anywhere as we are both permanent residents in Bulgaria, the baby was born here and my taxes are up-to-date.
Any advice would be welcome

Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:01 pm
by magicvw
Hi Mark :)

Your wife can pay back dated contributions as far as I'm aware. We had to do this when I got pregnant with Poppy as we had lived in BG for a year thinking that our employer in Sofia had paid ours but he hadn't. Not sure that it matters whether EU or not.

When contributions are up to date, you will need
Lichen Nomer za chuzdenets(must include your registered address) and white card Udostoverenie from the Immigration dept., plus UK passport
With these go to your GP and ask them for a Zravna Knijka (blue medical registration booklet).
Take all documents to the Health Dept. (Zdravna Kasa I think) and ask them to verify that your child is indeed registered with that GP, then go to the Revenue Agency and ask them to Activate your child's LNCh. This links up your NOI contributions to the Health System.

I can't see why your situation would be different to ours - kids get free care if parents are EU. One parent EU should be enough I think?

Give me a ring if you need more info!

Vicky x