We heard sad news last night, when our friend in Saransko told us that her staffie was very poorly after being bitten by either a tick, horsefly or other insect.
On Tuesday our friend noticed that her dog was very lethargic and she put it down to the heat but unfortunately her dog collapsed on Wednesday night, so she took her to the vet in Yambol yesterday morning, Maria, who said it is virtually undetectable in a well looked after dog, but easily treated with antibiotics, and should see an improvement within 2 days.
Sadly, the dog died shortly after we were told this news last night.
She was on a course of antibiotics but it was too late, she died of blood poisoning.
She was 15 years old, but in good shape for her age, but whether this was a contributory factor I don't know.
A 5 leva test done as soon as signs of looking off colour can detect it, and hopefully save your dogs life.