aromatherapy in bg

Information about Doctors, Dentists, Hospital facilities and all aspects of health care & Insurance.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Frantic
Super User!
Super User!

aromatherapy in bg

Postby Frantic » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:48 am

Hi all i would really appreciate your input, i am a registered aromatherapist in the uk and have been practicing for around 14 yrs, not the beauty salon type which is just a nice smelling massage lovely though it is.... i treat various problems such as back, rheumatic, muscular pain, skin problems and much more..i make all my own organic ointments, creams, lotions and potions,and hope to grow my own medicinal plants in my bg garden

i would like to know if any of you in bg would use aromatherapy for ailments that conventional medicine has failed on or just to keep in tip top condition ... i would like to live in bg but have to make a living... any feed back would be appreciated

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:20 pm

I do not want to send out neagtive vibrations................................but I feel your chances of earming enough to live on by doing this are minimal.

Most Bulgarians do not have disposable income for this sort of thing and the population of foreigners is too small, too poor and too scattered to provide you with your daily bread.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
carriemc
<b>Rental Agent</b>

Postby carriemc » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:35 pm

You could try investigating the various spa hotels in Bulgaria to see if you could offer your treatments alongside what they are already doing. Not sure how far you would get with this but worth a try.

Another avenue for sales could be the internet, although you would obviously have postal costs to add to the cost of your products.

Not sure if either channel would make you enough to live on.

Caroline

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Have to agree with Scot47 on this one. My good lady Marymo is also a registered aromatherapist and after coming here 11 years and living here over 2 years she could tell you for sure that you,d never make a living at it...for all the reasons Scot47 has already pointed out.
But good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Frantic
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Frantic » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:53 pm

cheers i guessed as much, but i will give it a go .. sad to say that most of my uk clients are high profile, in well paid work or rich enough not to work ... i guess i would have to target the rich sofians and as caroline said the spas.... but i will still get my medicinal garden going and see what happens, i have always worked through word of mouth so maybe this will work in bg..... just need to get my hands on some rich sofians to spread the word :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scotcouple
<b>Property Management/Sales</b>

Postby scotcouple » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:56 pm

What about a pitch down on the coast, we were at kiten last week and there was a guy with a posh gazebo doing massages by the expression of bliss on the womans face i'd say he was doing a good job.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cameo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Cameo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:09 pm

I had a friend who started to do this once she was settled in over here, and she was getting quite a good little business up and running. Sadly her husband died suddenly and so she decided to return to the UK. But I know that most of her trade came from the Brits over here, and was intially sourced by her going to car boots and giving out leaflets of all the therapies that she did. Once a few people started going to her, they then spread the good news about her to their friends and her business started to grow quite well then just by word of mouth.

I hope that you have success in your new venture.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:10 pm

A pitch on the coast. ? Really short term work that. You can be sure the guy with the gazebo will not be there come November. Ideas from home do not always travel well in Eastern Europe.
But Frantic, you give it a go, nothing ventured etc. But my advice is DO NOT come here permanently on the strength of making a living from complimentary therapies of any kind.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cameo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Cameo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:26 pm

Would you have any capital that you could use to live on whilst you get set up in business. I agree with the other posters, it is hard to make a full living out here. But if you are living where there are a lot of ex pats it is possible to get a bussiness going allbeit slow but sure at first. I would have thought that Sofia would be a lot more open to new ideas like alternative therapies, it is a far more developed area of Bulgaria than most of the small villages. There are quite a lot of businesses out there, big businesses, so people must have some money, especially the young ones who tend to have more disposable income than those of us who have families etc.

Just do a lot of research first. Or, maybe come over and give it a go, but dont burn all your bridges back in the UK, dont sell up etc. You can always rent over here and see how things go first before making any big decisions.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Frantic
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Frantic » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:05 pm

thanks cameo that was very refreshing to hear of your friend doing well, car boots great idea and the gazebo thing could do well at festivals or the like in the summer months ... my house is about one and a half hour away from sofia so one or two days at a venue there may be a possibility... my plan is to work six months in uk then spend summer months in bg i would not just uproot with no income and would probaly have to do something else maybe export something from bg to uk, have a few ideas on this.... there are a few places of interest around my area so may take a chance of converting a barn to a therapy room with a healing garden that people could visit on route... i am told the rich sofians head out my way on weekends to these places, a little detour to me would end someones day off nicely :)

Return to “Medical & Health Care”