giving up smoking: tabex anti-smoking pills

Information about Doctors, Dentists, Hospital facilities and all aspects of health care & Insurance.

Moderator: Moderator

alig
Super User!
Super User!

giving up smoking: tabex anti-smoking pills

Postby alig » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:35 pm

:D Hi all, i have been a smoker, since i was about 11 years and am now past the 60s post! I love smoking, but find it gets more anti social every day and my chest sounds like a tin of marbles! I did not want to give up, but feel the time has come. If you feel the same, i am posting this as a testament to the Bulgarian anti smoking pills, which go under the name TABEX, 1,5mg in a box of 100, for 20lev. Available from most chemists. With these, you carry on smoking, and they help you cut down and then stop. It took about a week, to get me down to 4 a day,(from about 30 per day) then one sunday evening i smoked the last cig i had and have not had one since, that was 2 weeks ago. The bigest problem, it the habit of it, not so much the craving, we all get these habits, a fag in the morning, after a meal etc, like a ritual, so if you are serious about trying, give these tablets a go. For me, they are superb. :D

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:53 pm

Sounds a bit like Zyban (same prescrition technique), but Zyban are 10 times the price.

onions

Postby onions » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:53 pm

well done alig you must feel a lot better already in health and wealth,as you say the habits are hard to get rid of,i packed in about 30yrs ago and when i first gave up i also gave up sea fishing as i had nothing to do while waiting for fish to bite,hell of a drug nico.The way i packed in was to think that the hell i went through the first day would be what i would have to suffer the next time i try to pack in and each day there on was the same thought' so really you have to take each day at a time,all the best. onions

Liliana

Postby Liliana » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi alig I've seen these advertised on TV and wondered if it was just 'another' cure. Over the last 30 years I've tried everything from acapuncture to hypnotherapy but nothing has worked!

I also need to stop for probably the same reasons. One question though... are you finding that you eat alot more like putting on weight? Just a thought...

Off to Bourgas tomorrow so I'll give it a go and keep you informed because now I'm getting that I really need to stop!! :cry: :lol:

Anyway sod the PC brigade I quite enjoy lighting a fag to annoy others... 8O :wink:

alig
Super User!
Super User!

smoking

Postby alig » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:03 pm

:D Thanks Onions, that is the beauty of these tablets, they help you cut down first, so the day you stop completely, is not quite so bad.
Alig :D

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm

Well done !!! I tried a couple of years ago after a new drug came out called `Champix` which sounds similar...anyway i stopped in the uk in March..went on holiday to bg..and my wife left a couple of days before me, and whilst having a beer, a young lady opposite me seemed to be really enjoying her cigarette...across the road was a kiosk..so i thought..`well one wont hurt`..and it did..i`ve been on them ever since...so now i have written the name of the tablets down for when i come over to bg in July..and hopefully i can stop once again...although i must admit that like you, i really enjoy a cigggy...but i`ve had 2 heart attacks, and as my wife says..you smoke and drink just like before..and my answer is ` just leave me alone to live my life`, but deep down i know i shouldnt, oh well , i will try again..and hopefully succeed.

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:13 pm

Well I'll go to the foot of my stairs. I had a quick look on Ebay UK and there's quite a few selling it....From BG :lol:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/UK_Health_HealthCare/Tabex

And the corporate website if you want to read more.

http://www.tabex.net/

For 20 lvs it has to be worth a shot in anyones books.

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:40 am

I'd like to know HOW these tablets work?

I was under the impression that most of these 'tablet or patch' fixes either gave a calming down effect or a nicotine substitute, but as has already been said, it doesn't necessarily help break the habit of reaching for a cigarette.

I am in no way trying to knock the product or anyone that attempts to give up. I personally do not find it difficult to stop smoking, I just have a HUGE problem staying stopped so to speak. My danger point is always about 1-3 months after giving up.

Knowing my luck, I'd become addicted to the tablets. :roll:

Liliana, don't worry about putting on weight, you're as skinny as a rake anyway and it is easier to diet than stop smoking. Just nosh loads of fruit and salad instead. :wink:

I'd be most interested to read other's experiences with this 'drug' and any unusual side effects.

Every time, I read about or watch a Wolves game of late, I say to myself, this is no time to stop smoking and I really ought to seek anti-depressants instead. :(

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:55 am

Moscow_Wolf wrote:I'd like to know HOW these tablets work?

I'd be most interested to read other's experiences with this 'drug' and any unusual side effects.

Every time, I read about or watch a Wolves game of late, I say to myself, this is no time to stop smoking and I really ought to seek anti-depressants instead. :(

You wanna stop smoking AND cure your depression, Zyban is your bag. It was actually manufactured as an anti depressant and did a good job but then during studies they found that with smokers who took it there was a high rate of people stopping smoking. So at that point the Pharma changed it from an anti Depressant to a stop smoking drug....and tripled the price :lol:

As for the effects and side effects of Champix, its really great man, I'm currently sat on a pink elephant at the bottom of a champagne fountain surrounded by 80 Swedish virgins. I think I might keep taking them for longer as this is a nice place to be :smt051

PS The Zyban has a list of side effects, which includes death, as long as a KAT requirements list :lol:

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:08 am

brianj42 wrote:
Moscow_Wolf wrote:I'd like to know HOW these tablets work?

You wanna stop smoking AND cure your depression, Zyban is your bag. It was actually manufactured as an anti depressant and did a good job but then during studies they found that with smokers who took it there was a high rate of people stopping smoking. So at that point the Pharma changed it from an anti Depressant to a stop smoking drug....and tripled the price :lol:

As for the effects and side effects of Champix, its really great man, I'm currently sat on a pink elephant at the bottom of a champagne fountain surrounded by 80 Swedish virgins. I think I might keep taking them for longer as this is a nice place to be :smt051

PS The Zyban has a list of side effects, which includes death, as long as a KAT requirements list :lol:

I don't think even your Pink Elephant Zyban could lift my spirits if Wolves get relegated and West Brom stay up. :lol:

Would I have to give up the WHISKEY as well or would that result in flying Pink Elephants and a stomach pump. :roll:

When I'm in the mood to stop and it usually starts a few weeks before I actually do, (again), I usually re-read Alan Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking, but I always have to remind myself that he is now DEAD. He found away to stop smoking & drinking alcohol, made loads of money and then died 'young' - I think.

Can't win can you! The only thing that I find strange about smoking is that it is not a natural thing to do really. When you watch yourself in a mirror smoking, inhaling and exhaling all that filth, you think (well I do), what the hell am I doing this for. Surely, there is something better and more beneficial to do for nearly 5 Lev a packet. :?
Last edited by Moscow_Wolf on Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Medical & Health Care”